no more drought

Old 02-01-13, 03:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
no more drought

I was working on my driveway this afternoon and noticed that a wet weather spring that's about halfway up my road is back. That spring dried up at least 7-8 yrs ago, I had kind of forgotten it used to be there. The last 2 yrs have been wetter than normal and last month we had 10" of rain. I'm glad the water in the ground has been replenished but I don't look forward to having an ice patch on my driveway every time it gets cold

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-13, 04:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, both ours are active again, and running at full tilt. The pix is at the bottom of our driveway where it meets the main road. Across the road about 50 or so is a nice little creek........yeah, right. Foreground is roadbed. Creek owns it all.

Name:  Brasstown creek4 2013.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  39.8 KB

Old 02-02-13, 04:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is a little one lane bridge that crosses the creek from the main road to the road I live on. Every 4-5 yrs we get enough rain to put it under water. The 6" of rain we got a few weeks ago caused the creek to go over the bridge. Locally there has been a lot of flooding.This past Wednesday's rain flooded and closed 34 roads in our county Because it's been so wet, rains that normally wouldn't be a problem are flooding folks out..... but I'm above all that Part of my land borders the creek but it's not very accessible, I can get to it in 5 minutes but the climb back up takes the better part of an hour.

Old 02-02-13, 04:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, we're another 500' or so higher in elevation from this flooding, thankfully. Two foul weather creeks border us on either side taking the runoff from the mountain safely down to the creek.
Like Noah said...."it can't last forever".