Whenever Gov Christie opens his mouth

Old 02-07-13, 01:28 PM
Whenever Gov Christie opens his mouth

he gets more respect from me.

Some talking head ex-white house doc busted on him for being fat. She went on about the health dangers etc. Apparently one of Christie's kids heard about it and asked him if he was going to die. I guess that ticked him off a bit.

Politically uncorrect Christie told her to STFU and mind her own business.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-13, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Old 02-07-13, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
If he lost just a bit of weight and showed a healthy lifestyle...he could win in 2016. Problem is so much of the voters base it on looks and style.

I think he's pretty great even though he is a lawyer and an ex-lobbyist, he's not afraid to criticize his own party or anyone else for that matter....lol.

Old 02-07-13, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't knock him out of the race just yet as he might surprise you and become the next president of the United States if he decides to run for office. I haven't heard everything he has had to say but I sure did hear his comments towards that doctor and I said out loud good for him. Sure I believe he should lose some weight but for some people it is hard to do and that doctors comments were uncalled for.

Old 02-07-13, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah well Hilary is supposed to run too in 16'..... I think I will vote Christie.

Old 02-07-13, 03:29 PM
Group Moderator
He's definitely a man's man.

Old 02-07-13, 04:24 PM
I like Christie, but he did open himself up for comments when he appeared on SNL making fun of his fat. And it's not like he hasn't made comments about it elsewhere. And when people are discussing him as a presidential candidate, it certainly is worth talking about. The health of all potential candidates gets discussed.

Old 02-07-13, 07:56 PM
I agree drooplug he probably has made comments of his own I am not as well versed about him as you are. Also it is different too I think if he participated in SNL versus what that doctor said who doesn't even know him. If he does ever become a candidate for president I am sure his weight will be a topic then but that is a long way from now. I do hope though that he will think about losing weight if he hasn't already.

Old 02-08-13, 07:47 AM
Guys, I think his point was that the comments were made publicly and personally by a doctor who was not his physician. I believe that it had as much to do with what he saw as an invasion of his privacy as it did about his weight.

It's one thing to publicly acknowledge a weight problem and even to poke fun at yourself but that doesn't give an outsider carte blanche to attack him.

Trust me, there is also some politics involved here. Christie is a rising star and could well run against Clinton in 2016. Anyone surprised that the attack came from a woman that had served in the Clinton administration?

Old 02-08-13, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Also on the flip side you can say Hilary may drop dead from another blood clot. Well she fainted, fell, had concussion, was dehydrated...etc... That gave her cerebral venous thrombosis???

Maybe she will be VP and if Christie passes in office?......

Just saying....... ( Oh geez what a nightmare )

Old 02-08-13, 08:54 AM
Do you remember Susan Boyle? She wasn't exactly a 10, but when she opened her mouth she scored a 20 in my book. I have a weight problem and so does half of America. So he is over weight, as long as he is sleeping at home it will be what comes out of his mouth that is important to me. Frankly, I like real people.

Bud

Old 02-08-13, 02:13 PM
Hey, I think he also has every right to respond the way he did. I have no problem holding people accountable for their attacks. I think there might even be fewer of them if more people responded like Christie.

If Hilary runs her health will also be a topic of discussion as will her age. This is nothing new. A lot of people freaked about Cheney because of his heart, but he seemed to make it through just fine. I don't think there is anyone else on this planet that receives better healthcare than the top politicians of this country.

Old 02-08-13, 03:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know a lot about Christie but every time I've seen him on TV he's impressed me

The opposing party made a big deal about Ronald Reagan's age before his first term but it never was an issue. There probably isn't any dirtier fighting than in the political arena :thumbudn:

Search this Thread