The EDIT BUTTON.... advisory wanted

Old 02-15-13, 04:02 PM
The EDIT BUTTON.... advisory wanted

Came back to the forum again today and checked on a topic I started.... and I noticed that the Edit button was gone.

Upon submitting this topic, I noticed that it does have an edit button, however none of my other posts do, still.

When does it expire or what causes it to expire?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-13, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Members have about 45 min for an Edit as I remember. If something is really wrong in a post, just add a correction in a new post.

Old 02-15-13, 04:19 PM
Thanks... I was trying to look in FAQ for an answer but it's the default version for vBulletin. "May" this, "may" that...

Old 02-15-13, 06:00 PM
As time goes by and you get to know everyone one of the friendly moderators might help you out and change something for you. I try not to wait beyond 30 minutes to make a change to something just to make sure I can change something. I also don't worry about time outs when posting something new like a reply or a new topic that way it has a little less of a chance of being removed if you make a mistake and don't follow the rules exactly. It also prevents your post from being edited. Remember you can always log back in as the system will save your post.

Old 02-15-13, 06:33 PM
Group Moderator
It's a spam tool - some spammers enter a reasonable post, then come back to insert the spam when they think no one is looking at them any longer. They can't do that here