New Category Suggestion

Old 02-22-13, 01:21 AM
New Category Suggestion

I have a suggestion for a new category that I thought I would ask everyone's opinion of rather than just sending a message to Sharp Advice. I was wondering what everyone thinks of a category called Scanners and Printers. It could be put in where the computer category is. I know some people have had specific questions about just scanners and just printers. What are your thought about this?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-13, 04:14 AM
Group Moderator
I haven't noticed that many posts on scanners and printers. Do you have any numbers on the amount of posts we get per month on those two subjects?

Old 02-22-13, 01:54 PM
No but I have noticed posts like that and thought that a more dedicated area like that would be appropriate. I am on fairly often but maybe not as much as you are Ray so I haven't made a count.

Old 02-22-13, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Thats there under computers and peripherals. Scanners and printers are peripherals right? . Plus its lists them under that subject.

Last edited by lawrosa; 02-22-13 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-22-13, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
More topics might seem like a good idea but the more there are the more work there is for moderators who already spend a lot of time with housekeeping.

It is helpful to split very busy topics like Electrical and Lighting where there are 36, 000 and 7,000 threads respectively while Computers has under 9,000.

Old 02-23-13, 08:50 PM
I actually thought it would make it easier on the moderators but I see your point maybe more so today having to do more paper work for something I would like. If you get more inquiries about printers and computer things then yes I assume there would be a change.

Search this Thread