March ???? >Weather Conditions<

Old 03-17-13, 05:05 AM
March ???? >Weather Conditions<

Second half of March and we can't even reach 30? Just give me one, JUST ONE day at 50 and I'll die a happy man.

Things better change soon or I'm leaving for Florida or Arizona. Snakes, spiders and gators be damned.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-13, 05:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unseasonably warm here, yesterday.....71F. We cautiously approach April, however, after the winter of '93. Late March, worst snow storm of memory. Never plant above ground crops until tax day. Snowbirds don't migrate from Florida until then.........or until Tow Guy lets them loose on us

Old 03-17-13, 05:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's been a crazy winter! Near record colds and then near record highs - sometimes all in the same week.
I used to live in fla and don't miss it at all..... but I'm not all that far north either

Old 03-17-13, 06:16 AM
We've had a funny winter. Average temperatures were probably near normal but we only had a couple sub zero days. We didn't have the February thaw we usually get when temps can get into the 70s.

Mark - I used to live in Florida and I miss it a lot. We lived in Key West for 4 years and it was one of the best places we ever lived (and there were a lot of places). I wouldn't want to live there now though, the tourists and cruise ships have ruined it.

Old 03-17-13, 08:32 AM
Group Moderator
I'm giving them all the encouragement to go that I can, Larry! Tough to get them to go when it's 30 degrees back home and 70 down here.

Amen on on your Key West comment, Wayne.

Old 03-17-13, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Mid 80's here a couple of days last week...high 70's projected for most of this week. Must be spring...had my first few pairs of quail walking around the yard today. Ice cream truck started it's runs last week as well.

I think we saw snow twice this year...but it was all gone by the afternoon each time.

Sorry bout yer bad weather Baldwin...but they do have roads that run south up there don't they?

Old 03-17-13, 10:55 AM
A few years ago we went back for a week. It was the 1st time we had been back for 20 years. The place was overrun with snowbirds and cruisers and gays. What a difference from the laid back town of shrimpers and pot heads that we remembered so fondly.

We had the opportunity to go back last spring but we passed it up.

Old 03-17-13, 05:33 PM
Weather hasn't been bad here not like back in 2010 it was terrible then with mountains of snow but here lately anyway I can't say I can complain about the weather. Right now in the 40's which is a little below normal but nothing I can complain about. The weather people had the winter all wrong though right before winter they said we should probably have a great deal of snow wrong no or very little snow. Not complaining though I don't care for shoveling snow. I am prepared though for next year I bought a new shovel in anticipation of the snow that never came.

Old 03-18-13, 05:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I used to live in Florida and I miss it a lot.
I've always said Florida has too many 2s - 2 hot, 2 humid, 2 crowded, 2 flat, 2 many bugs, etc

no offense intended to Tow Guy

Old 03-18-13, 06:18 AM
It's 40 warmer than yesterday so that's a good thing.

You forgot 2 many snakes! Especially those huge ones breeding in the Everglades. Just wait till they overrun the state and start eating all the people....you won't see a tourist or a native.

Yeah, there are roads south but once you get south of the cities you can find rattlers so I'd rather not go there. You may have noticed I don't care for snakes.

Usually we get at least a couple really warm days, not this year. The jet stream is stuck over in the Dakotas and I'm on the wrong side. A year ago yesterday it was 75 in Duluth, not even close this year.

Old 03-18-13, 06:47 AM
Group Moderator
It's been another non-normal winter here in NC as well. We have some 70f days in January and February. I don't think we had a day where the high did not get above freezing but now our March has been about 10f below normal. The trees and flowers started budding out early but this cool period has really slowed them down.

Old 03-18-13, 10:48 AM
Most of Maine, 10" to 16" of snow starting tomorrow. I could use a week in Florida.

Bud

Old 03-18-13, 11:19 AM
The Weather service just issued the winter storm warning for us. They're guessing less snow (3"-8") and more ice this time. If I have to go out tomorrow I'll have to watch out for rocketing.

Old 03-18-13, 11:43 AM
Thumbs up

Just heard a cop say he had a problem with his rocketing tires, now he thinks the transmission is gone.

All this snow should be good for the drought conditions, now we'll have floods. At least we have snowbanks this year but it's time for it to go.

Off we go to snowblow.

Old 03-26-13, 05:44 AM
All I want is for some nice, warm days. So much for global warming.

Old 03-26-13, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
Actually, this cold is an effect of global warming. We may see an Ice Age as a result.

Old 03-26-13, 08:26 AM
Admin Emeritus
Global Warming???

Hard to tell anyone buried up to their eye balls in snow it's global warming...

Thus the term "Climate Change" was born. Covers all the different and ever changing weather patterns every where around the entire globe.

Yep! Soon snow will begin melting and the flooding will begin. Along with the rise in ambient climate temps, glacial ice melts, water temps and ocean levels rising toward coastal flooding. Which will automatically result in population decreases in Florida as well as many other coastal areas.

Head for the HILLS!

Old 03-26-13, 09:16 AM
Group Moderator
It's been an odd winter here in Nebraska too. We've had a few snowstorms, but I'd say the snowfall was about average, maybe below average if anything. We didn't have many days of brutal cold (highs below 0) like we sometimes do, but we sure never got much unseasonably warm weather either.

Sometimes in the winter here we will get a few days of unseasonably warm weather where it will get into the 50's or 60's which is really a nice surprise when it happens... but not this year. This winter it seemed like it just never got above 32F much at all. I think that happens when Colorado, Kansas & Oklahoma have snowcover... warm air just can't make it up here.

This spring has been colder than normal. Warm enough that the rivers thawed slowly (no ice jams/flooding this year) but this year the ground is still frozen in most areas. Which is a big change from last year- last year the farmers had been working in the fields in March, some even planting corn on March 31, which is UNHEARD of here. Its funny how much things can change in one year.

Hopefully it won't be as dry as it was last year. 2 years ago... 30" of rain in June. Last year, barely 1" of rain in June, which is usually our wettest month. The farmers are praying for rain, we are still listed as being in a severe drought area.

Old 03-26-13, 09:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Currently we have 33 degrees and snow, it got up to 71 degrees one day last week. Overall it's been a wet winter, more rain than snow - should be good for the farmers

Old 03-26-13, 04:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This spring has been colder than normal
Thank you Al Gore

Mark, snowed yesterday and today, but with the air so dry, it all just evaporated. I can't even get a tractor in my garden site to plow

Old 03-27-13, 11:44 AM
It is so difficult to get it into the heads of the unscientific that climate change doesn't happen over months or years, but decades and centuries... but that's another topic... :NO NO NO:

Yes, it's been a rude and cold Spring so far. It literally snowed all day on Monday and there is still some left over today, even after two days of sun and temps appreciably above freezing.