Old 04-04-13, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Smile Kind of gross

This fish must have been really hungry!

MSN Entertainment -

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-13, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Not a fisherman...but I've heard of that happening. Looked like the bigger one was a large mouth bass? When hungry...I think they'll hit just a bobber in the water.

Don't want to hijack....but do you want to see a crazy fit guy? Search for Tee Major. When my wife showed me this....I was speechless.

Old 04-04-13, 02:22 PM
That guy is insane! Way too much upper body and core for me, but amazing to watch.

Old 04-04-13, 03:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
fish must have been really hungry
Classic example of the eyes being bigger than the stomach

Old 04-05-13, 05:34 AM
I've seen this many times although never with fish so closely matched in size. I once picked up a 12# largemouth bass (the biggest live one I had ever seen) that was swimming on it's side like in the video. It had a 2 lb bass stuck in it's gills.

On two occasions I have landed fish over 50# (a dolphin and a cobia) that happened to swallow a smaller fish that I had hooked. Neither of the larger fish was hooked. One had the smaller fish stuck in it's throat and the other just refused to give it up.

Old 04-05-13, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
Will it's mouth ever close or does it stay open forever?

I suppose an advantage to it staying open, would be other fish would swim right on in. Instant meals, lol!

Old 04-05-13, 11:35 AM
When I was stationed in Key West an old timer conch told me a story about one of the Navy pilots from the air station that was spearfishing for jewfish (now the PC goliath grouper) as he approached a huge fish for a head on shot, the jewfish opened its mouth and sucked him in - all the way to his knees! The pilot had the presence of mind to fire his spear gun and the fish spit him back out.

I didn't believe the story until the guy brought in the newspaper clipping.

The one in this video is probably 200# - 250#. They grow to 800#. LINK

Old 04-05-13, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Yikes, that's pretty scary! I imagine that big fish just saw him as fish food! Or maybe he thought, well it's me or you buddy!

Old 04-05-13, 12:04 PM
Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 2817
Size:  29.7 KB
I don't remember where I originally found this picture.

Old 04-05-13, 02:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I heard on Paul Harvey years ago about a father and son that when skiing on a lake in Texas.The son wiped out so the father turned the boat around just in time to see his son pop up and then pulled under the water. He dived in and had to fight a fish that had swallowed one of his son's legs. The kid was treated for abrasions on his leg but was otherwise fine. Paul Harvey went on to say that 200 lb catfish had been caught in that lake before.