What is wrong with people?

Old 04-15-13, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
What is wrong with people?

Two explosions at the Boston Marathon! Why are there so many nut cases out there? It really makes me sick.
If it was a nut case that hates the whole world and all the people in it, then I don't know why they don't just blow themselves up, and call it a day.
If it was political, I don't know why they don't just target the politicians and leave all the people that have nothing to do with anything, alone.
My 2cents.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-13, 02:08 PM
This was the first I had heard about the explosions at the Boston Marathon I hope no one was killed or injured. I agree there are nut cases out there and no matter their motivation be it political or otherwise there is no call for setting up explosions that can kill many people and injure many more. I hope whoever was behind this that they catch that person or persons and put them behind bars for a very long time.

Old 04-15-13, 02:11 PM
I just had this conversation with the wife on our way home. Our new world of instant communications and the ability of the media to show us someone being killed or torn apart every few minutes has a lot to do with it, IMO. Today a youngster has been exposed to more things they don't need to have seen by the time they are 12 than most adults used to experience in a lifetime, 40 years ago. And it will get worse. I'm sure they have their reasons for maintaining a separation between church and state, but if we cannot teach such basics as the ten commandments, we need to make another list and teach that.

Bud

Old 04-15-13, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
They will be caught...just about sure of that. Too much work was involved.

Cowards...IMO.

Old 04-15-13, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
So far it looks like 2 people were killed and several others injured, including some that lost limbs.
They think it's another terrorist attack.

Old 04-15-13, 08:17 PM
its being called a terror attack. 2 bombs exploded and I think they found 3 others that did not go off.No terror cell as claimed responsibility yet.

Old 04-15-13, 09:02 PM
I just saw news reports about the explosions and so far they are from what I heard they are looking for a Saudi national either as a person of interest, or to bring that person to a safe house to protect that person who might have been targeted. They were not very clear as to the exact status of that person. Might have just been a false rumor too.

Old 04-16-13, 12:49 AM
I am sick and tired of the phrase, "What is wrong with people?" used in this way. The truth is that there is NOTHING wrong with most people and that phrase is one that tries to blame the majority when in fact it is a small minority of "people" that would even consider such a heinous act, let along carry it out.

Old 04-16-13, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator
I'm sure most normal people are aware of what I meant. Of course I know not ALL people are evil.
However, there must be something wrong with you, as you seem to be a miserable person that likes to belittle other people.

I have to add, only you would worry about poor grammar or poor choice of words and think that's worse than the situation.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-16-13 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-16-13, 06:41 AM
A Saudi national is being detained as a person of interest. He is here on a student visa. His apartment has been searched and items removed. While it is way to early to point fingers at any groups or individuals, one thing is very clear. Whoever did this is a coward.

To suggest that terrorists should "just target politicians" in unconsciable. I can't believe anyone would make that statement.
I won't get excited about this.
The morning of 9-11, they had no idea who was responsible when it first happen. Suddenly they knew exactly who it was, even without a claim. This "student" may be involved, or they may just be the person taking the fall for it. We as people need to know (or be told) that our government is in control and on top of things. This student being the right or wrong person is irrelavant, as long as the government can show they are in control.

That being said, I hope they truely do catch the correct person(s) responsible and... (not G rated)

Old 04-16-13, 07:16 AM
A Saudi national is being detained as a person of interest. He is here on a student visa. His apartment has been searched and items removed. While it is way to early to point fingers at any groups or individuals, one thing is very clear. Whoever did this is a coward.

To suggest that terrorists should "just target politicians" in unconscionable. I can't believe anyone would make that statement.

Last edited by Wayne Mitchell; 04-16-13 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-16-13, 12:53 PM
However, there must be something wrong with you, as you seem to be a miserable person that likes to belittle other people.
I'd respond in kind but quite frankly, you are not worth my time.

Old 04-16-13, 02:04 PM
I see some hurt feelings here I think we can all agree that right after something like this happens all you want to do is just talk about it. After 911 I guess nothing else shocked me as much as it did then and it was my first big shock as I wasn't born yet during Pearl Harbor which for those people who were around then it was quite a shock. Not since Pearl harbor did we have such a heinous attack until 911. Now we have another heinous attack and nerves are raw and it is only natural that we might feel like saying something that maybe we shouldn't. I know when 911 happened it was just my friends here and very close family but we all were in shock and said things we maybe shouldn't have said. So I am not laying blame anywhere nor am I naming names but we should focus our blame on those who are responsible and quit petty arguments.

Old 04-16-13, 06:51 PM
Group Moderator
They attack the "defenseless" people of the country, because if they attacked military personnel they would be vaporized. Cowards for sure.

Old 04-16-13, 07:36 PM
They attack the "defenseless" people of the country, because if they attacked military personnel they would be vaporized. Cowards for sure.
I couldn't agree more they certainly are cowards and deserve a firing squad once they are convicted rather than a more dignified death.

Old 04-17-13, 04:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'd vote for an execution that was similar to the crime committed with the bullet reserved for if they survived ....... but as a civilized society I guess we can't go there

Old 04-17-13, 04:47 AM
Firing squad gets my vote.
Make them wait at the line while they read out the names of all those affected.

The suspense will be a killer

Old 04-17-13, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
But to do that you actually have to get get a trial started once the suspect is arrested! Does everyone realize that the scumbag shooter at Fort Hood has yet to come to trial. For those who've forgotten how long ago that was, it was November 5, 2009. Not to circumvent the principal that a suspect is innocent until proven guilty, but does anyone on the planet think this guy isn't guilty as hell? It takes 2 1/2 years to build a case against him and in the meantime he gets to violate Army regulations [as a serving Army officer, innocent until proven guilty] and grow a beard?

Old 04-17-13, 06:04 AM
My opinion is that too many people view such activities as criminal, and that too few recognize them as acts of war. Viewed as criminal activities, yes, in our world, jurisprudence applies, and those who choose to bear arms against us, knowing that they cannot do it with traditional military operations, instead choose to attack non-combatants, and that their worst case scenario is to be caught, and, fully understanding the consequences of trial in a free world, will most likely continue to live a full life. If viewed for what they are, the consequences could be mcuh more likely fit the deed. Citizens who choose to take up arms against their own country would then be traitors, and it's about time that we had a few good ol' firing squads, with, of course, plenty of media in attendance.

Old 04-17-13, 06:04 AM
But to do that you actually have to get get a trial started once the suspect is arrested! Does everyone realize that the scumbag shooter at Fort Hood has yet to come to trial. For those who've forgotten how long ago that was, it was November 5, 2009. Not to circumvent the principal that a suspect is innocent until proven guilty, but does anyone on the planet think this guy isn't guilty as hell? It takes 2 1/2 years to build a case against him and in the meantime he gets to violate Army regulations [as a serving Army officer, innocent until proven guilty] and grow a beard?
The catch 22 of the world we (USA/Canada) live in is that without all the extra leg work building the case and crossing T's and dotting I's, this guy could get off free due to a technicallity.

I'm all for taking these monsters out back and doing what needs to be done, but we need to be 100% sure they are who we think they are. Some times (not all the time), the authorities need to find a guilty person quickly to put the public at rest. It may not always be the correct person.

In the example you gave (pardon my lack of knowledge on this specific case), 4 years is a long time and too long in my personal opinion.

Old 04-17-13, 06:27 AM
I was thinking of the same thing yesterday. Its a glaring example of what is wrong with our juducial system. Its all about the lawyers that benefit by dragging trials out.

BTW - Death by firing squad has long been considered an honorable death, at least in some circles.

Old 04-17-13, 10:36 AM
Just a quick update (mentioned on another forum), they have pictures of the device. Here is a quick link to a news piece with the photos.
EXCLUSIVE: New pics from moments before, after blasts - Boston News, New England News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM

Old 04-17-13, 02:12 PM
Thanks Mike I hadn't seen the pictures on the news earlier it looks like they might get closer to finding the actual party. Like many others though I hope they don't jump the gun maybe the guy who fled had another reason maybe he was a bank robber and not a bomber. Either individual is bad to be sure but the real person who did this needs to be caught so hopefully others saw more and can help to identify the right person.

One person in a crowd though can see many different things and another person see something entirely different which is why these pictures will come in very handy as the FBI puts everything together to hopefully find the right person.

Old 04-17-13, 02:28 PM
I noticed that when the explosions went off those early camera shots panned up showing us a cloud of smoke. In time folks with cameras will learn to pan the crowd, the roof tops, and everything but a cloud of smoke.

After 9/11 I realized this world problem had finally come to America and incidents like this were bound to happen and will be happening much more frequently. There are just too many targets in America for us to be as lax as we have been. Like it or not, we have to choose, our liberties or more of these terrible events. I say, take my picture, take my fingerprints, I have nothing to hide and everything to gain.

Bud

Old 05-13-13, 12:37 AM