One bombing suspect caught and killed

Old 04-19-13, 02:58 AM
One bombing suspect caught and killed

I had heard last night about some shootings in the Boston area and wondered could they be connected. I then did a Google search and one person allegedly was killed who had set off one of the bombs. Apparently one of the alleged bombers was also allegedly a convenience store robber too. Here is a link to what I could find on the internet so far One Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Dead, Second on the Run, Police Say - ABC News . Everything isn't confirmed yet so we shall see what happens as the day progresses.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-13, 04:34 AM
This has been all over the news here.
Not sure if they gave info about the second guy. They make it sounds like they know who he is, but didn't provide any details in our local news (not that it would really help any).

Old 04-19-13, 04:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Our local news said they are considered terrorists and both men came from overseas. They didn't say anything about where they were from but did say they're main intention for coming to the US was to kill americans.

Old 04-19-13, 05:17 AM
Our local news said they are considered terrorists and both men came from overseas. They didn't say anything about where they were from but did say they're main intention for coming to the US was to kill americans.
So no real useful info to assist, but very clear that these are "Really Bad Men".
I love the media and their shock values.

Old 04-19-13, 05:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I read an article on the net a little while ago that said they are both Russian and entered the US illegally.

Old 04-19-13, 06:01 AM
I read an article on the net a little while ago that said they are both Russian and entered the US illegally.
That would really contradic the previous reports of a brown or black man. I don't know too many Russians that are dark skinned (even tanned).
I oddly enough have a number of friends that are Russian or from surrounding countries.

Old 04-19-13, 08:21 AM
Mike - That is the first I've heard of a description for the suspects that was other than white/caucasian. The brothers are Chechnyan and are here legally. There s still some media confusion regarding how long they have been in the country.

For those not familiar with Chechnyan terrorists they are some of the most brutal and dangerous in the world. And of course they are Muslim.

Old 04-19-13, 09:33 AM
Wayne Mitchell,
The description I had heard was the same day it happen, so it could have been the uneducated media putting their personal spin on things with a wild guess (wasn't Fox news btw).

Old 04-19-13, 02:15 PM
Latest I heard was that they were looking for the younger brother of the suspect that was shot and they were here legally but they had bad feelings towards the United States. The younger brother seeing that his older brother was dead apparently ran over his brother in a car they had stolen. So clearly the younger person has no regard for anyone. Too bad they didn't get both of them at once clearly someone goofed in the net they had set up to capture the suspects. I did hear about some damage though to a police vehicle so to be fair to the cops they did try.

Old 04-19-13, 02:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I certainly hope they are able to capture this guy alive so he can stand trial. To be fair, change the venue to a neutral place.....like somewhere in Texas or south Georgia (USA). Then while he is awaiting trial, they could room him with a guy named "Bubba", who hasn't see his girlfriend in 5 years. Just a thought.

Old 04-19-13, 02:35 PM
I hope they catch him alive too I am sure they are wondering if maybe there might be sympathizers of the bomber and maybe others who are involved. Supposedly a press conference is coming up so maybe they will have more information soon.

Old 04-19-13, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Did you hear the aunt??? It was a set up.... OMG.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XX1W3vaSRdY

Old 04-19-13, 05:48 PM
In custody.....bubba's waitin', smilin'

Old 04-19-13, 06:14 PM
Sure it was a set up and if people believe that I have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn. Now let's hope that the dummy talks now that he is in custody. Maybe Bubba will get him to talk.

Old 04-19-13, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Actually..of all people..my wife had the best idea/scenario. He either killed himself with a manifesto of some sort beside him. Or he was mortally wounded and gave a full documented confession before he expired.

He'll never see Bubba because he'll be in isolation and getting special treatment.

Look at the Army psychiatrist who killed 13 at Ft Hood.....going on 4 yrs and the trial hasn't even started!!!!!

Unfortunately...I think we have moved past the OKC bombing days.....but at least that coward declined any appeals.

Yeah...I'm a bit PO'd.

Old 04-19-13, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
I say cut off the fingernails with a razor blade one at a time. Then drive two nails in the eye balls...sledge hammer to the knee caps.....etc...etc... A slow and painful death....

Ohhh I guess we cant do that in America....

Just my opinion though......

Old 04-19-13, 06:30 PM
Unfortunately...I think we have moved past the OKC bombing days.....but at least that coward declined any appeals.
Nah. The feds executed the DC sniper.

Old 04-19-13, 06:44 PM
I still vote for a firing squad or something worse after a conviction. One thing I will say is cheers to the cops and everyone else who helped to find the dumb bell.

Old 04-19-13, 07:53 PM
Group Moderator
I suspect he'll avoid death penalty by spilling his guts.

Old 04-19-13, 07:57 PM
Group Moderator
BTW, the conspiracy theorists [you know, the ones who claim 9-11 was a government conspiracy/hoax] will start publishing claims by Monday.

Old 04-19-13, 08:05 PM
Group Moderator
And yet the single biggest question still remains..... WHY ?

Old 04-20-13, 02:47 AM
WHY? Good question PJmax and a short history lesson as to the reasoning behind the why. It all has to do with a sick twisted way of thinking about religion. Years ago actually centuries ago way before the protestant reformation the Catholic church fought with Muslims in what Rome called a holy war. Well some of it was the Catholic church's fault and some of the blame fell on the Muslims centuries ago. The battles were fought and no one really won and the pope at the time lost some of his power as at one time all a pope had to do was ask several nations to wage war and they would. Some of the wars were just wars and some clearly were not. After many wars were waged in common with many nations finally many nations started to disavow the church and thus the protestant reformation came.

Now to be sure one of the kings who was the most brutal against the church was king Henry the eighth who killed many priests. He though was not nearly as brutal as some people who were Muslim and rightly at the time fought to protect their religion and way of life. Before the reformation nations would force others to become Christians in the name of the church. This is all in the history books and today Protestants and Catholics get along well. There are some Muslim Groups that still to this day hate the Catholic church and still others that have expanded that hatred to everyone else that is not their religion.

Not all Muslims are that way though we had a big Muslim school in an old public school building in College Park for many years until they finally decided to move elsewhere and they were very nice people. I went years ago to a flea market they had at the school to buy some things and they were quite helpful. Of course part of the reason behind the flea market was to sell their religion and they gave me some pamphlets I didn't want and then I left later on discarding the pamphlets at home. I understood it of course as Christians both Catholic and Protestant are always evangelizing too and me being Catholic I have done some of the same things. Not handing out pamphlets but talking about what I believe. So I see no harm in talking but we all can agree when it turns violent to make a point in the name of religion something is clearly wrong with that person.

Old 04-20-13, 04:33 AM
BTW, the conspiracy theorists [you know, the ones who claim 9-11 was a government conspiracy/hoax] will start publishing claims by Monday.
They started that the day of the bombings.

Old 04-20-13, 04:58 AM
Group Moderator
Well, yeah, but I wasn't counting the father and the aunt.

Old 04-20-13, 05:39 AM
The answer is simple ISLAM.

Old 04-20-13, 01:44 PM
Let's hope that at some time these radicals all learn that violence isn't the way anyone will ever even think of converting to their religion not that it even interests me in the least as it doesn't. The old saying you catch more bees with honey than vinegar is so true but unfortunately these radicals have a certain mindset that is very hard to change if it ever can be changed. The even sicker thing too is that some American citizens have gone over to their way of thinking. That is one why question I can't answer.

Old 04-20-13, 02:14 PM
Richard, they don't want you to convert. They just want you dead. They seem to be using out-of-context ancient teachings of the Koran to justify it. About as dangerous as taking a Chemistry book out of context and go mixing stuff up.

Old 04-20-13, 03:45 PM
Group Moderator
It is more what some people do in the name of their religion then the religion itself. The Crusades and Witch Hunts were Christian and just as bloody as any Islamic radical attack. They just didn't have modern technology to make them more bloody.

Old 04-20-13, 04:12 PM
Ray - the big difference between modern day Islam and Christianity is that only Islam promotes the concept of "submit or die." Only Islam is mired in the brutality of the dark ages. Only Islam advocates a pan-world caliphate.

As more and more information comes out, we find that these guys, especially Tamerlin were indeed radical muslims. As were his parents. I read a story about his mother who has returned to Russia recently after becoming more and more radicalized. She started wearing the Habib and blamed the 9-11 murders on the federal government and Jews that were trying to make muslims look bad.

His mother also said that they had been forced to leave Chechnya because of something the father had done in Russia.

Old 04-20-13, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
I'd like every one to dial it back a few notches....or this thread will be closed. Radical religious zealots (of any type), past, present and future will always stain their faith with their hate.

This will be the only warning...thanks.

Last edited by Gunguy45; 04-20-13 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-20-13, 06:22 PM
Agreed Gunguy45 I ask that it be dialed back the only thing I will say is that I agree with those who posted afterwards. I also agree with your statement too Gunguy45 but will say I think my history lesson as limited as my own knowledge is on the subject was important. That being said let's keep religion out of it and stick to what we hear from now on in the news.

Search this Thread