Anyone need some rain???

Old 06-04-13, 04:50 AM
Group Moderator
Anyone need some rain???

We have a bit of a surplus this week. Dumped 4" out of the rain gauge last night and the paper this morning says we aren't going to get the heavy stuff until tomorrow or Thursday. Big stationary front over most of the state and the Gulf.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-13, 09:24 AM
The wife just returned from Florida and had delays while they waited for the current storm to move off the coast. She didn't get as much sunshine as she wanted, east coast. I think flood management is something in our country, and perhaps other parts of the world, that is going to need more attention. Too much water in some places and too little in others.

Bud

Old 06-04-13, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
I'll take a few gallons...........

Old 06-04-13, 01:28 PM
I think you are in for more. I saw a weather map that showed a storm forming off SA and headed to FL. IIRC forecasts were for up to 8".

Old 06-04-13, 01:35 PM
Group Moderator
Petering out so far today, a few sprinkles. We're in a clear spot right now between what's pounding the Tampa Bay area to the north and what they're getting further south in Fort Myers/Naples. Yes, probably going to get some tropical moisture in the next week to ten days or at least someone in the Gulf states is going to get it.

Old 06-04-13, 02:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Just what DO you do with all the rain?? You don't have any elevation to speak of for it to run off. The ocean is already full

Old 06-05-13, 04:24 AM
Group Moderator
Actually the lack of elevation is a big plus because all that rain mostly just spreads out; if we had hills, the people in the valleys would be under water. Looks like more rain today through the weekend, although we got zippo yesterday. Was watching the Tropical Update on TWC and they're still trying to decide what the "disturbance" in the central Gulf is going to do. Most likely just dump more rain.

Old 06-05-13, 04:35 AM
I'll pass. I've had to cut the grass every week for the last month.
Still having issues with our well which gets bad every time it rains. Looking forward to a dry spell so I can fix the issue and have clean water (would also require some available time to work).

Old 06-05-13, 06:39 AM
No thanks! We've only had a handful of days without any rain here! If this keeps up, MN will no longer be know as the "land of 10,000 lakes" it'll be just one big one!

Old 06-07-13, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
No, we didn't need any, but you sent it up here anyway TG! Thank you much!

Old 06-08-13, 05:41 AM
Group Moderator
My pleasure.

Old 06-12-13, 01:12 PM
We could use some rain. It has been nothing but an over here for the past few weeks, which makes the smell of cow twice as bad. I'd be glad to see a full months worth of rain if possible!

Old 06-12-13, 01:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeele, if you are from Florida, and you haven't had any rain, gee, you must be underground somewhere as it has rained constantly, plus a tropical depression has hit, and the entire state is really tired of rain. But, alas, you are not really from Florida, are you?

Old 06-12-13, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
Yeele didn't get his info right. He's in CA according to his post IP and boy...they need some rain! A shame he's really in Germany according to his email and actual IP.

Old 06-12-13, 03:30 PM
No thanks, you've sent us enough already. Dumped 5" out of the rain gauge over the last 3 days and the grass is getting knee-high again.

Mike, only once a week? You've got it easy!

Old 06-12-13, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Odd tho, Europe, particularly Germany and a couple other countries, have had unusual flooding, so they must be getting plenty of rain too.
Hmm, perhaps Yeele is in an underground bunker or something!

Old 06-13-13, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by Nashkat1
No thanks, you've sent us enough already. Dumped 5" out of the rain gauge over the last 3 days and the grass is getting knee-high again.

Mike, only once a week? You've got it easy!
If you are talking to myself, I can only get to it once a week. Poor mower has to run wide open to get through what has grown each week which has added up to 2 and a half tanks of fuel now to cut my grass. Poor push mower is going to need some tlc once the dryer weather kicks in.

Old 06-13-13, 05:04 AM
So far this month we've had nearly 10" of rain with another 2"-4" expected today and tomorrow. The average for June is 4". The NWC has issued flood warnings and my sump pumps are cycling. That's something I can't remember happening in June.

My garden is in rough shape. I lost a lot of my strawberry crop to rot and the plants aren't doing well. Parts of my lawn are too wet to mow and the end of my driveway is under water.

I've had enough rain for a while.