A bit warm today....

Old 06-28-13, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
A bit warm today....

114 right now. Walked to the mailbox 200 ft away and was pretty drenched by the time I got back. 117 in Phoenix...118 30 miles away on the river.

Brothers (and Sisters)...I gotta tell you....it's HOT! No relief til at least Wednesday.

And no "dry heat" cracks either!

Wifey showed me a post she saw today.
"Satan said he would "no longer be vacationing in AZ....it's cooler back home".

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-13, 04:47 PM
Aren't those temps normal for the summer in your area?

Old 06-28-13, 04:57 PM
64 here and rain every twenty minutes. I'd guess you could use both.

Diane Sawyer had a piece on your lovely weather, sidewalk temperature in Vegas was 165. Eggs anyone?

Old 06-28-13, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Aren't those temps normal for the summer in your area?
Nope...not at all in the 7 yrs I've been here. We average high 90's- low 100s except for a few days, normally late July/ early August. Down at the river and down south in Phoenix/Tucson...yes...but we are 3000 ft higher than them. Would have gone up to the County park on the mountain (6500ft) but all booked up since kids are out of school and all.

Baldwin...send all you have left over!

We sometimes have a sidewalk egg cooking contest...just not this early.

Old 06-28-13, 05:13 PM
We actually have had a fairly nice spring. The previous 2 or 3 years we were having August heat in June.

Old 06-28-13, 05:33 PM
Group Moderator
Having a pretty wet summer so far; temps about average @ around 90 hi. Spent many a day in Yuma, so I know all about those temps, Vic; you sure you're still in northern AZ.

Old 06-28-13, 06:34 PM
Hi today has been 88 degrees according to the Weather Bug and humid with rain almost every day. We had our contractor come by to fix our shed roof and do other maintenance at 8 in the morning. Not sure what the temperature was then but by ten o'clock it was already 82 degrees and getting hotter all the time. He was going to work on our door too but he said he was beat because the heat was so humid. I really had to feel sorry for him and his workers they were really sweating. Speaking of projects how has your project been drooplug? I haven't seen anything lately and was curious.

Old 06-29-13, 04:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've only been to Arizona once, back in the early 70's. I've long since forgot the exact temp but it was 105 degrees or better before 9AM I didn't see any reason to stick around

I've worked in both dry heat and humid heat. The dry heat doesn't seem so bad but it will sneak up on you and hit you hard, the humid heat keeps you drug down from the get go so you are almost prevented from overdoing it.

Locally we been wet and in the 80's. Don't mind the rain so much except the gulley washers that rearrange my driveway

Old 06-29-13, 02:12 PM
My project is still going. Kinda dragging along. I have been busy with other stuff and haven't kept my thread updated.