Remember the Fallen

Old 07-01-13, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Remember the Fallen

I hope everyone can take a moment and say a silent word for the 19 Firefighters that AZ lost. Braver men cannot be found.

We have about 150 fighting a 200 acre fire on the mountains slightly to our South. I've been seeing the smoke and flames for 2 days.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-13, 04:37 PM
I heard about the fires and the firemen who died it is quite sad. I do hope that you are far enough from the flames, please don't stay any longer than you have to if it begins to look dangerous as those fires have a tendency of getting out of hand fast. Our prayers are with you and your community and family!

Old 07-01-13, 04:42 PM
Group Moderator
I was just watching it on the news tonight

It's hard to believe how fast those fires get out of hand and also change directions.
Be careful out there.

Old 07-01-13, 05:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
As a former fire fighter (1978 - 1990) our hearts, prayers & thoughts go out to the firemen, their families, departments & the residents in AZ.

Old 07-01-13, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Update on our local issue.

Now over 1000 acres...more like 2000 from what wifey tells me. About 50 homes of those living further out have been evac'd. It's still up on the mountain...but it really sucks looking at it every time I go outside. No danger to us...we are down in the city.

I don't pray as a rule.....but I'll say something tonite for those in harms way.

Old 07-02-13, 07:33 AM
Admin Emeritus

I hope everyone can take a moment and say a silent word for the 19 Firefighters that AZ lost. Braver men cannot be found.
Thanks Vic. Truer words could not have been expressed. We do take several moments if not several minutes daily. Something on my mind every day.

It's hard to believe how fast those fires get out of hand and also change directions.
Very correct PJ.

I know very well much of the above. Hear it often. As a result of one of my sons whom does exactly that. Fights fires as a national wild land forestry fire fighter. Already lost one son. Hopefully not another in his chosen profession.

InciWeb the Incident Information System: California Incidents

Extremely sad over the issue and tragic event. Hearts, prayers & thoughts go out to those whom have fallen and all their family members.

Main Site:
InciWeb the Incident Information System: Current Incidents

Be aware. With so many public requests to access the fire sites, servers may and often do restrict or deny access. Hopefully, both links above are correct for nation wide viewing.

Edited In Section:
Direct Link: Arizona Fires InciWeb the Incident Information System: Arizona Incidents

Direct Link: California Fires InciWeb the Incident Information System: California Incidents

Use upper right hand corner to select the state(s) of interests.

Sites Disclaimer Note:
"Due to high demand, this Web site may become unresponsive. We are working to address these issues. Thank you for your patience."

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 07-02-13 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-03-13, 12:03 AM
So Sad And So Young

The news tonight showed a picture one of the group took, they were a long way from the fire. Evidently this changed and quickly. Only word I can think of is horrific, knowing it's coming and you can't get away.

My condolences to all.

Old 07-03-13, 04:33 AM
It kind of reminds me of 9/11 as others have said in the press. Not that this was a terrorist attack as it wasn't no they were comparing the numbers of firemen who died to this tragedy. They said that not since 9/11 that not as many firemen have died in the line of duty as they have just recently. Nationwide too many firemen have died in the line of duty more so than in years past. Our past Cardinal of our church lost his nephew during 9/11 I really felt sorry for him so I sent him what spare money I could at the time and that was only a few dollars. Be nice if people could give to the charity of their choice if they can in honor of the fallen. I gave the money to my cardinal as I knew he would know about a memorial fund back then.

Old 07-03-13, 05:05 AM
Many of my friends and neighbors are part of the local VFD (I will be soon). These types of fires could very easily hit our farming/cottege country area. I've seen first hand how these wild fires move. They can turn very quickly and jump hwys like they where never there.
It is truely saddening to hear these stories.

Search this Thread