Motorized Picnic Table???

Old 07-05-13, 10:06 PM
Motorized Picnic Table???

My son drove up from the cities today and passed this contraption. Any idea what it could be?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-13, 10:21 PM
I don't know Baldwin it has me stumped. Sure would like to know though it has me curious.

Old 07-05-13, 11:19 PM
I enlarged the picture and it has fat tires on the back and steerable (from somewhere) tires on the front and the gas engine seems to run some sort of hydraulics. Ejection seat for the drunk uncle who eats all the eggs off the top of the tater salad?????

Fairly elaborate trailing tires....no idea.

Old 07-06-13, 03:10 AM
I am just guessing at this and this is different from what your son has but here is an earthquake simulation table I assume a fellow in college or high school built this was on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmtIQ70cAyw How would you like to try to eat off of that? Personally I doubt you would eat off of your sons table or whatever it is. Hope you ask him when you can.

Old 07-06-13, 04:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Maybe something to be driven in a parade?
Like the V8 powered Food City shopping cart - Food City motorized shopping cart - YouTube

Old 07-06-13, 04:37 AM
Group Moderator
I'm going with motorized picnic table. The hydraulic lines from the power pack lead down to the rear wheels and you can see the steering linkages for the front wheels which are turned.

Old 07-06-13, 06:17 AM
Red neck picnic table races.

Old 07-06-13, 08:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

My Two Cents...

Exactly:
I'm going with motorized picnic table. The hydraulic lines from the power pack lead down to the rear wheels and you can see the steering linkages for the front wheels which are turned.
Me Too...

Using the web browsers zoom in feature to 200% then to 400% you can see it all......and even read the license plate... SRJ 236. Totally hydraulic and it very likely has a small button or lever control panel of the opposite unseen side.

It's a Red Neck picnic table project being transported to a contest or similar event.

I like it.... Imagination and creativity at it's finest....

Old 07-06-13, 10:05 AM
I was only kidding when I said motorized picnic table, I thought it was a contractor siding bender or something exotic.

Ha, just googled it and there are all kinds of powered tables out there. Surprised my son had never seen one before.

Guess I'll have to get out more.

Old 07-06-13, 11:14 AM
Group Moderator
And here's a link to what Baldwin found. Gas Powered Picnic Table

Old 07-06-13, 11:16 AM
Admin Emeritus
My Two Pennies
:NO NO NO: not any such contractors table of any sort.

Unless the accessories are missing????

I think it's missing a few accessory items.

Below should be those few accessory items.

A hydraulically motorized rotisserie BBQ.

Propane refrigerator.

Hydraulically Motorized Meat slicer and meat grinder plus an expensive set of cutlery knives.

Suspect those items and the BEER......are in the truck bed under the shell top.

Old 01-02-14, 06:24 PM
Wink Hey that's my truck!

Yes, indeed it is a motorized picnic table!

This picnic table has hydrostatic drive; it has a lever that controls the steering underneath the table. It also has foot and hand controls for the accelerator, and it also has reverse. It does feature cup holders and a lighted umbrella, but sadly no rotisserie or gas powered fridge. It had a grill in the back that housed the 6hp engine, but it was much to hot and rattled quite a bit so we took it off when JP replaced the engine. He wanted it to look like a picnic table so kept it pretty simple. It would be far to easy to go overboard on a fun project like this!

We have been all over the place with this picnic table - Sonic Drive In, El Loro, Fongs, The Gear Head Get-together and a few parades. We also brought it to South Dakota during the Sturgis Rally 2012. Just this year JP built the "tag axle" so we no longer have to bring a trailer and mess with loading and unloading it. You can find a video of it in action along with some other fun stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEaahBryma0

Old 01-02-14, 06:39 PM
Group Moderator
Thumbs up

Pretty awesome build job there. I was just watching the video. The umbrella is the perfect topper.

Old 01-02-14, 10:02 PM
Way too cool.