Job Opening At NTSB

Old 07-14-13, 01:57 PM
Job Opening At NTSB

The crash in SF was bad but it could have been SO much worse considering. If that plane had veered left sooner it could have collided with the jet waiting to take off.

I heard the names of the pilots on the news but didn't pay any attention till I read about it one FlightAware. Seems an intern sent out the wrong names.

Scroll to the second box and listen to the news broadcast:

No, These Racist 'Asian' Names Aren't Really the Pilots of Asiana Flight 214 - Alexander Abad-Santos - The Atlantic Wire

Someone has a weird sense of humor.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-13, 08:35 PM
I also heard on the news that the local news affiliate apparently had another intern who didn't check with the airline before handing over the information. Both are being sued by the airline. As for the government probably that lawsuit will be dismissed as somehow the government always seems to get away with things you or I could never do. As for the news affiliate of the station in question they probably will just settle out of court and issue an apology and then write it off.

Old 07-16-13, 10:03 AM
I heard about this too! I heard somewhere that it was someone playing a joke, is that true? Well, it isn't the first time the news has gotten information wrong this year, but they honestly shouldn't trust interns work completely. I thought things went through several fact checks before hitting the air? I guess competition with other stations is more important than anything else..