windows 8 split screen

Old 07-17-13, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
windows 8 split screen

So I have been updateing the old xp computers. I am loving the spit screen option.

I can golf on one side and monitor DIY on the other.....

Excellent...

Still finding new things everyday and I had this one a few months now......

And yes that a 26" tv......

Life dont get any better then this...

Name:  0717131622-00.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  26.2 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-13, 02:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Aside from the split screen thingy, what is your overall opinion of W8? I know Xp is sunsetting, and I will hold on like Col. Travis as long as I can, but know the inevitability. Wifey has W7, and I can't even find files on that. What a let down.

Old 07-17-13, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Windows 8 metro screen is a waste really... I dont use it because no touch screen...

I have a lap top with touch screen and it is good because you dont need a mouse. The scroll pad stinks on laptops so the touch screen is a blessing... Just scroll with your finger and such....

Do I use metro on that??? No. The apps are different then the links you would go on from the internet... Meaning if you went on you tube from the metro screen its different...

Basically I have the metro screen hidden but can access it in sconds...

I like 8... Never had 7. Could have got 7 but from what I read 8 is faster and more stuff. Like split screen... Dont know if 7 does that...

windows 8 is great for pads, tablets, and such... Thats where you would use it since you do not use them as a computer...

Windows 8 is a dual system to cater to both sides of the fence... Im more a power user

Old 07-17-13, 02:49 PM
I will admit the split screen thing on Windows 8 has me impressed. I still like Windows 7 better though as far as finding files is concerned Larry have you tried the search feature when you click on the Windows 7 start bar? Either that or the thing that looks like a file folder next to that? Both are good ways to find files in Windows 7. As far as Windows 8 goes though I think I will wait for 8.1 or even Windows 9 whenever that rolls out. Still plenty of Windows 7 laptops out there too that haven't been completely sold out.

Apparently Windows 7 does have split screen functionality although I myself have never used it but certainly can see a need for it. Here is a link to Microsoft's forum for those who want to try it How to split screen? - Microsoft Community

Old 07-17-13, 03:22 PM
If you have trouble with the new advances in systems, just ask your 4th grade grandson. - The systems are developed for kids that have an open mind. - My 40 year old son that had access to computers every day from grade school and on still goes to his son for help on anything new and making work from a real standpoint.

Dick

Old 07-17-13, 03:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You're Probably right, Dick, as they seem to know more than we do about the systems. We get stuck in the mud, and they seem to zip right along with the change. Our local school was Time Magazine's school of the year a few years back, mainly because of the innovation of computers in every backpack. Kids used them in class and took them home. Never an excuse for not doing homework....you're sick??, be sure to study sections 8 & 9 before you return.

Old 07-18-13, 08:29 AM
You could always have two windows open like that. What is different about the split screen? Just easier to get it done?

Old 07-18-13, 10:59 AM
Group Moderator
The split screen came in on 7, they called it Snap and I use it all the time.

I work with 8 a little bit and I don't like it. If I had a touch screen, I might think differently.

Old 07-18-13, 05:59 PM
Oh, Windows 8, how I dread thee on some days. I mean, yeah the split screen thing can be of use, but I rarely if ever use it. I also had a hard time searching for files at first too...in fact I even lost a lot of my work because of this...my major beef with windows 8 though is that my document folders freeze. Its frustrating.

Old 07-18-13, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Search for files??? Go to metro screen and type what you want... A list will come up with multiple hits. You will find what you want....