What's with weather

Old 08-18-13, 04:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What's with weather

I'm not sure what's happening in your neighborhood, but this is AUGUST, folks. It's supposed to be HOT. Our highs for the past week and projected for the next 10 days barely reach high 70's. Today's high 67. Hey, I'm not complaining! I hate summer heat. Does this mean an early wrathful winter?? Maybe it's global warming. OK, OK, OK.:NO NO NO:

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-13, 04:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hey Larry, I just go outside on these cool august mornings and smile We've been a little warmer here [mid 70's] but I'm not complaining either I'm not about to speculate on this fall's or winter's weather - just enjoying the summer cool while it's here!

Old 08-18-13, 04:25 AM
Cup of coffee on front porch, watching the clouds move between the mountains, fresh air, hummingbirds attacking you because you are too close to their feeder. Somebody's gotta live here.

Old 08-18-13, 04:41 AM
I know some people around this area that have already been using their woodstove at night. I thought about it, but held off. Just used an oil heater to take the edge off.

Exterior painting is a pain this year as well though. I haven't seen this much dew covering everything in the morning at this point in the summer before.

Old 08-18-13, 04:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Bill we've been getting a lot of rain this year [I think we've already reached the yearly average total] I'm retired but I bet it's a bear trying to make a living on exterior repaints with all the rain. I don't remember the last time we went more than 2 days in a row without rain. I can imagine how rough it is with the shorter season y'all have that far north.

Old 08-18-13, 04:52 AM
Yep, apart from rain which hasn't been all that bad this year up here I'm having the absolute worst exterior season ever. Thankfully I've been able to stay barely afloat with interior, but it's been a lean summer for sure.

Old 08-18-13, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Acorns have been falling for about a week now here in NJ....IMO we are going to get bombed this winter....

I am ready to close my pool... It was a nice 2 weeks of summer...Thats what it felt like..

Im starting winter doings already.

What are You Seeing? | Farmers' Almanac

Old 08-18-13, 08:28 AM
Group Moderator
My oak trees are loaded with acorns and they have been dropping everywhere.....including the pool. Pool water is at 70 degrees. I'm with you Mike....it's going to be an early pool closing this year. Later opening - earlier closing ..... our season has been shrinking every year.

Old 08-18-13, 09:11 AM
Group Moderator
Temps here for next week are going to be close to 90 degrees, just in time for our state fair. We're not out of the woods yet!

Old 08-18-13, 02:28 PM
This summer has been a welcome break from the last two or three scorchers we had. I think you will be premature to close your pool. We still have plenty of time for a heat wave to come in and cook us.

Old 08-20-13, 02:36 PM
Temps here for next week are going to be close to 90 degrees...
Next week? Try this week and I'm not a happy camper.

Fair
90F

I sure miss the last week of July when we were a few degrees short of FROST.

Hope you're happy, Larry.

Old 08-20-13, 02:56 PM
I'm Happy

I love love love the heat. These last couple of days of 28 /30 C have been a pleasure after this years gyp of a summer.

Old 08-20-13, 04:35 PM
I hate summer. I love winter. You can bundle up to work or do your thing and stay warm. You can only get so nekkid to avoid the heat before the cops throw you in jail. This has truly been a mild summer, but that always leads to an unpredictable winter, so grab hold.

Old 08-20-13, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I told my brother I'll be snowblowing by Halloween but he doesn't believe me....we'll see.

Old 08-20-13, 05:58 PM
A couple of weeks up this way in late Jan and early Feb. and we will see you change your mind. You can only put on so many layers before it gets difficult to move. I never actually heard anybody say they hate summer.

I guess its all in your perspective.

Old 08-21-13, 04:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Our winters in the south aren't severe like what you experience in Canada. Our summer has been fairly hot but mostly wet! I've been enjoying the cooler temps we've been having this week
Larry, I suspect you're like me - nobody wants to see us naked