Taking a beating

Old 08-31-13, 01:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Taking a beating

PLEASE, someone send a goon to beat me up!! I'd rather have that done than to do what I must in a couple of hours....I gotta go pick wifey up at the Atlanta Airport

It is sort of like a near death experience, where you leave your serenity and go to hell for a short time. Then once you leave, the serenity comes back and you're in the mountains again. On top of that, it is supposed to start raining in an hour or so. That makes the trip even more fun.

Had to vent. See y'all later tonight.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-13, 01:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I hear ya Larry, I don't much care to go to our small local towns and have no desire to fight the traffic and crowds in a big town! Throw in the added security at today's airports
At least it's a short term experience ..... I'll take the mountains and countryside any day

Old 08-31-13, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
Lucky you.... I get to do almost the same thing on Wednesday. Take wifey to Las Vegas Wed, then pick her up 2 weeks later. 90 miles of nothing but desert til the Hoover Dam, then 30 miles of crappy drivers to the airport. With my knee I can barely sit in the car for 45 min w/o getting out and walking around. Gonna be a long trip up and back.

Old 08-31-13, 01:55 PM
Ooh, I remember the knee pain and having to stop....sort of like a p break for women, I guess. Yeah, the traffic doesn't get weird until you get to the edge of town. What possesses these people to drive like that is beyond me.

Old 08-31-13, 02:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
At least you won't be taking the MARTA! Had one visit to Atlanta, flew in and the folks had me get on the subway and ride it all the way until THEY felt it was safe enough . Nothing like being thrown to the wolves to start out your trip..... Little desire to go back I'm afraid.

Old 08-31-13, 06:18 PM
Oddly enough she came up with the same idea!! So I am sitting on the train LZ at the north end. At least I didn't have to drive through "crazy land"!! Nice breeze. Smell of diesel. What better?

Old 08-31-13, 11:45 PM
I haven't been to the airport in years the last time I was on a plane has to have been around 42 years ago when I went to Salem Massachusetts. Just haven't had the money to travel but when I do it will probably be by train. I don't care for the idea of waiting in line to get on a plane and then maybe waiting again on the plane for possibly a few hours more.

Old 09-02-13, 06:55 AM
One final comment. Sitting on the platform waiting on trains, elevator music was a combination of Yanni and KennyG. Do they do that intentionally???

Not knowing the Alabama/Virginia Tech game was being played, wife left airport just about the time the game let out. Multiple trains, 10 cars long packed with fans. I imagine that to be like NYC subway, daily. So, Z, it was like being thrown to the wolves.....with luggage. She said she couldn't even bring her arms up to answer texts

Old 09-02-13, 07:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
it was like being thrown to the wolves....
More like Drunk Wolves in her case. I dislike crowds probably more than anything. I avoid the airports, malls, Wal^art on EBT days (1st and 15th), summer festival, concerts and all things similar. People ignorant of others around them pokes at the very last nerve I have. Walking 4 abreast in slow motion when others are trying to get past is one of the worst.

Glad she got home safe, guess you gotta check the sports schedules before the next excursion!