unable to send private message

Old 09-04-13, 01:14 PM
unable to send private message

Hi I was wondering if there's something wrong with the private messaging function with the forum here. I just tried three times sending a private message to a forum member and it just blips out when I press submit and the message doesnt get sent.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-13, 01:25 PM
Okay I tried sending a PM to myself. Worked fine. What the heck?

Old 09-04-13, 02:00 PM
Group Moderator
Try to send me one, we'll see what happens. Members can turn it off, may be that your intended recipient has done so.

Old 09-04-13, 02:03 PM
The forum was acting kind of funny and slow a few hours ago. Maybe server maintenance or something.

Old 09-04-13, 02:06 PM
The forum was acting kind of funny and slow a few hours ago. Maybe server maintenance or something.
I noticed that too. I'll bet that was the problem.

Old 09-04-13, 02:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You did check the obvious - that your PM account isn't full ?? When full you can't send/receive emails but should get a pop up notice saying so.

Old 09-04-13, 02:18 PM
You did check the obvious - that your PM account isn't full ?? When full you can't send/receive emails but should get a pop up notice saying so.
Yes, I even went ahead and cleared the PM account so it wouldnt be close to full (it was at 90%).
I noticed I didn't have it checked so when I send a PM I should get that PM stored in my sent messages folder. I've checked that checkmark now, and now when I send a PM it gets stored in my sent folder. So I think maybe my PM's have been going through after all, but since I didn't see it in my stored message folder I assumed they weren't.