Why on Friday at 6pm????

Old 11-23-13, 06:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why on Friday at 6pm????

WIfey called and said her ice cream was melting. Maytag Wide by Side, which as been a good fridge for about 14 years with minor tweaking. Dang! Friday at 6pm. I figured it bit the dust and frantically went by Sears, then HD...the only places open that late. I found one I liked, but Sears wouldn't be able to deliver it until Wednesday. Home Depot couldn't even get it in stock until December 4th.

Short story. Since I open HD up every day, I know all the people pretty well. I asked if I could have the floor model, knowing the big "NO" was coming. I watched them unpack it yesterday, so I know it hasn't been tossed around. "Sure" was the reply. I was floored. When can you deliver it? Monday. Bummer.
I go ahead and buy it.

I get home to find both temperature controls moved to the "zero" position. OK, who broke into the house and moved the controls??? Wifey surely didn't do it!! Dog is too short. Cat is not smart enough. Of course it takes 12 hours for any change to take place. I moved the controls back up and this morning things are normal. Anyone need a good fridge??? Guess I'll donate it to charity, since it works.

Only on Friday. The Friday BEFORE Black Friday, naturally!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-13, 06:26 AM
I say somebody is sleep walking.

Old 11-23-13, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
I get home to find both temperature controls moved to the "zero" position.
Thats part of Al Gores energy saving features controlled by government drones through wifi.

Old 11-23-13, 07:14 AM
Despite the process of elimination, either my wife did it or I did it, she never admits to making a mistake. We blame it on the dogs and although we both know who dune it, we let it drop. Most often it involves her putting away (hiding) my tools. Why would I ever put them in the back of the bottom junk drawer in the kitchen?? Even sleep walking I don't think I would put them there

Got to love them.

If the folks at HD have a sense of humor, they will understand and take the new one back. Or, maybe that was her way of getting the old one replaced. You'll never know.

Bud

Old 11-23-13, 07:45 AM
Group Moderator
Since you have a good relationship with them, I bet it is not on the truck yet. Have them put it back on the floor and get a refund. "it" happens.

Old 11-23-13, 08:01 AM
Hey, you've been eavesdropping at my house.

Old 11-23-13, 08:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

Or, maybe that was her way of getting the old one replaced
I'll go with that one....

When you get the NEW fridge, at the very moment it's being put in place, LOOK at face and into her eyes. You'll know who done it....LOL!

In all fairness, you should have checked the controls FIRST. Or FIRST checked wall plug. Your error. Similar happened to me years ago. Wife pulled fridge forward to clean behind it. Plug came out of power receptacle just slightly. Just enough to cause a disconnect. I was not at home during this entire event mind you.

To hide the problem before I would arrive home, she called a service tech. First thing he did was note lights out. Reached behind fridge. Pushed in plug. Lights came on and compressor started up. Service Call Cost. At that time years ago....about $55.00... She said a lot of $$$ to do nothing!!!

Oh Really dear wife. It's running now. Meaning he did something and you got your $$$'s worth.......

Additionally, he saved Me a bundle of $$$.....

When you get your new friggy, stock it up with fresh fish, steaks, chops and BEER! Don't 4get the charcoal for the BBQ either.

Then. Call me. I'll be right over....HA HA HA....

The End.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 11-23-13 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-23-13, 08:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thats part of Al Gores energy saving features controlled by government drones through wifi.
SO, that's what that little antenna is the repair guy installed. Verry interesting. Just kiddin, but not to put it past anyone.

Oh, no, wifey doesn't like to spend money. "Can't you fix it?" First words out of her mouth. Not with a tape measure, hammer, and nails. Gotta call in the pro$.

I guess buying the new one was MY mission. She didn't want to go. I picked out what I wanted, so she will have to live with it. Oh, she'll like it. French doors, mid drawer and freezer. Just more stuff to break, IMO.

Oh, Tom, mid drawer actually has a 29 degree setting for "cold drinks" if you want.....cool.

Old 11-23-13, 10:20 AM
It's Home Depot, just return the thing.

Old 11-24-13, 12:14 AM
If you have space Larry for an extra refrigerator then I think you should keep your old refrigerator. Some of the older ones actually last longer than those new refrigerators. Case in point our old Hotpoint refrigerator we have it next doors as an extra refrigerator for the tenants. Must be at least 54 or even 55 years old but it still works. We just couldn't stand the color in our house anymore, that and having to have to defrost it. The next refrigerator was a GE and lasted about 30 years and defrosted but the compressor died. Last one in our kitchen a Frigidaire o.k. but very little space.

Old 11-24-13, 05:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The second fridge in the garage is a wonderful addition. Don't use it all the time, but when needed it sure is handy. Also gives us extra space to store meat if bought on sale. Great when making food in advance of a community/church dinner or when entertaining. We also use it to store bottled water/Gatorade so it doesn't take up room in the main fridge.

Old 11-24-13, 05:06 AM
They don't make appliances to last anymore. They use inferior parts to keep the price down.