Internet problems?

Old 02-05-14, 06:30 AM
Group Moderator
Internet problems?

Anybody else having weird internet issues this morning? Among other things I'm having a lot of trouble getting on weather.com, but also clicking though some of my favorites I get url not found. Not all the time, just intermittently with weather.com being the most stubborn. Also had trouble on several sites earlier with losing all graphics and just getting the text down the left side of screen. Tried restarting and also cycling the router and dsl modem, no difference. Strange.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-14, 06:43 AM
Group Moderator
Must have been me, as an afterthought I ran CCleaner and now seems to be normal. Something caught in the cache apparently.

Old 02-05-14, 07:14 AM
Probably is your computer no problems up here in rainy Maryland the_tow_guy. I have had problems something like you have with my laptop at times and usually have to restart the laptop and then it is fine. A real pain especially when you are working on something important. Luckily for me it doesn't happen too often.

Old 02-05-14, 07:45 AM
Group Moderator
Maybe just an issue with that site. With all the snow & ice in the northeast they may have been getting slammed with everyone seeing if they should attempt the drive into work.

Old 02-05-14, 03:24 PM
Group Moderator
Might be a router (Belkin) issue looks like. One of the problems I was having this morning (which I just checked and it's still there) is that the router parental controls will block weather.com (those sexy snowfall maps I guess) unless I put the setting on "none"; even the lowest level of control causes weather.com to be blocked. Really odd.