Georgia traffic law

Old 02-11-14, 04:24 AM
Group Moderator
Georgia traffic law

Saw in an interesting Letter to the Editor in local mullet wrapper today, penned by wife of a senior citizen [she mentioned his driving for 60 years, so makes him in mid to late 70's]. Seems they were visiting Georgia [first mistake ] and hubby got pinched for speeding, 83 in a 70. Paid the fine of $250 or so and went on their way. After returning home, they got a letter demanding an additional payment of $200 for fine for being classified a "superspeeder" or face license revocation [not sure how that works state-to-state].

This something new in the Peach State?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-14, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator
4 yrs now.......

Georgia Super Speeder Law

Old 02-11-14, 05:10 AM
Group Moderator
They must have been on a two-lane somewhere if I read it right.

Of course, if I was in Georgia and headed for Florida, I'd drive pretty fast, too.....

You Georgia folks, does it seem to have made an impact on the high speed idiots?

Old 02-11-14, 05:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Georgia has long been considered a speed trap state for out of towners - guess they want to uphold that reputation

Old 02-11-14, 05:12 AM
Group Moderator
Waiting for Larry to weigh in.........

Old 02-11-14, 06:02 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Never heard of the law, but I don't speed, anyway. Well not much. I knew we were the drug confiscation capital of the country and Floridiots transporting drugs to Pennsylvania for sale help to fund some of the smallest counties in southern and mid Georgia. Most counties could barely afford a Barney Fife, let alone a car. Now they are sporting the Z28's, Firebirds and other speed friends, and have forces to keep their county, especially around I-75 and I-95 under control, with little tax money. All due to Federal seizure laws. You catch them, you get to keep the car. They parley the minivans for go-fast cars.
Now, back to the law....WHAT? Just a little stoopid, IMO. They obviously aren't catching Georgia residents, 'cause they know what laws are in effect. Mostly Florida & Alabama residents from the south. I'll have to agree, though 75 MPH on any of our two lane roads is too fast. Most haven't been upgraded since Prohibition, except US1 and US441.

Old 02-11-14, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
Seems they have extra funding in some areas of GA to take care of the issue once and for all..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QhpX7Gf8xU

Old 02-11-14, 10:33 AM
Group Moderator
Good one, Mike; they had me going hook, line, and sinker for a minute.

Bet they nab a lot of snowbirds tooling on through Georgia, Larry.

Old 02-11-14, 12:41 PM
Speaking of snow birds I hear the weather down south is going to get bad again especially in Georgia and then it heads up here by Wednesday night so more fun with the snow yippee .

Old 02-11-14, 01:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
cool video, I sure didn't see that coming

Not looking forward to the next round of snow. They seem to be having trouble predicting this one. Locally they're calling for 2"-8" depending both on what time it gets here and how the storm system travels. They do expect it to be a wet snow with a good probability of power outages

Old 02-11-14, 03:48 PM
Seems like that old man was driving way too fast on a two lane road. Shame on him. Another state can't suspend his license, though. I would check the mailing address for the fine payment. Could be a scam. I would think if it goes unpaid, they could be arrested in GA.