ready for spring

Old 02-14-14, 10:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
ready for spring

The snow is pretty and all but I'm past being ready for it to be gone! This last snow was 8" or so I've been proud of my new jeep with traction control but for the first time in 4 yrs, it wouldn't make it up my driveway Thick wet snow on top of ice was too much for it! I had to leave the jeep halfway up, cross ways in the road Can't really blame the jeep, I fell 4-5 times walking up the rest of the way

I'm ready for spring!! They are calling for 60 degrees next week

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-14, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
Well....I'd send you some heat as soon as you figure how to send me some rain. Mid 70's last few days...almost 80 tomorrow. Friend in VA got 18"...her car looked like an igloo. Luckily no ice...

Old 02-14-14, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I'm about ready for it, but with about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and living a couple of miles off the pavement, I'm not looking forward to the mud. Fortunately it's been cold here in Michigan, which means the snow is light, and windy enough that a lot of it had blown off the roof, but it finally got above the vent stacks this week, so I will be on a ladder with a snow rake this afternoon. Not looking forward to that.

Old 02-14-14, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Me too! We just got 13" where I live, on top of the 10" from the last couple of weeks, which never melted because it's been too cold.
Now we're getting another 2-4" tomorrow from a clipper that's going by and then a couple more days of below freezing temps.
There's no more room to put the snow. It's already piled up to the sky. Sigh!
Can't wait for the warmup that's supposed to come next week. Can't get here soon enough.

Old 02-14-14, 11:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's been a wet winter! Some record cold spells too Vic, I'd gladly send you the excess moisture but it will take someone smarter than me to figure out how

Locally the snow fall amounts have been all over the place. We got 8" which is probably the average but some have a 1' or so and but we went across the border into Va to eat, it didn't look like they had gotten more than a few inches.

Old 02-14-14, 11:31 PM
All I can hope for right now is a day in the 40's and rain. Melt all this stuff away and wash the salt off everything.

Old 02-15-14, 04:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It was supposed to rain all night and then turn to snow about daybreak but so far no rain or snow It did stay above freezing all night and a lot of the snow has melted least ways up top wherever I shoveled, tire tracks, etc, not sure how my road looks on the north side of the hill.

Old 02-15-14, 09:45 AM
Group Moderator
We've been either bitterly cold or it's snowing.

That said, there's NASCAR on TV tonight so spring is on the way!

Old 02-15-14, 10:00 AM
Group Moderator
I have to put a fence around my truck to keep the deer from using it as a salt lick.

Going to warm up into the 30's next week so I'm going to Canada fishing to cool off.

Old 02-15-14, 10:07 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, there's more salt on the ground in the garage this winter than I ever recall seeing previously.

Old 02-15-14, 10:10 AM
Had to shoot my indoor/outdoor thermometer a while back...couldn't stand looking at it.

If it hits 30 the dog and I will be dancing a jig.

Old 02-15-14, 01:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That said, there's NASCAR on TV tonight so spring is on the way!
Yippie always look forward to speed weeks and all the racing that follows

Our local road dept ran out of salt a few weeks back but they were able to resupply. I do think the big salt spills I see up and down the road would be enough to take care of my driveway.

Search this Thread