Public Record and privacy.... RANT!

Old 02-16-14, 02:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Public Record and privacy.... RANT!

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to remove my name and address from my counties tax assessors website and traffic infraction web site?

I cant get anywhere being nice and calling to ask to have it removed... they say its its public record and nothing more.

Is there no way to stay private these days? I pay to stay out of the phone book. I use a po box. I don't want ex-lovers, old friends or others in general looking me up and knowing where I sleep!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-14, 06:47 PM
Unless the laws change unfortunately no there isn't much you can do short of asking companies that look up public information and even some private information to keep your information out of their data base. Or you could hire a company that specializes in that sort of work and they will ask on your behalf to have any records they have removed. Nothing though as they say is perfect so if someone wants to find you and wants to pour in enough money to do it they probably will. You are doing right now about the best you can do to stay private.

Old 02-17-14, 01:06 AM
There is no legal way to keep your name off of the traffic infractions list but you could get of the county tax information site by selling your home and other property. You could sell it to yourself under an alias or by setting up a wholly-owned corporation that would hold the title. If you have a mortgage this could be problematic. Telephone is easy as long as you don't mind using an alias which could entail you having to place a deposit for a period of time to establish that you are not a financial risk.

There is no legal reason why you cannot use an alias PROVIDED you do not do so in order to commit fraud or otherwise evade the law. Many people in entertainment use aliases for the same reason that you desire. Most credit card issuers are not concerned beyond getting repaid. Best to talk with your personal lawyer.

Old 02-17-14, 05:41 AM
The history will not go away. If a title search is done all privious ownership will show. Nobody can be completely anonymous. You pay your taxes, your in the record books. If you're born, you're on file as new person entering the world. Same thing with marriage. The fact that you're online says everybody and their brother can get your info if they are so inclined. If your worried about spam and/or bothersome sales calls, the best solution is not to answer them and just delete or block them.

I often wonder if its possible in any way or form for a person to be born and never get an identity. I don't thing its possible.

Old 02-17-14, 08:36 PM
I often wonder if its possible in any way or form for a person to be born and never get an identity. I don't thing its possible.
It's possible, all you need to do is get born in the backwoods and never leave.

Old 02-17-14, 10:01 PM
Group Moderator
all you need to do is get born in the backwoods
If my mother was alive she would tell you just how hard it was to apply for Social Security when you are born off the grid. (Not that the grid existed when she was born.) Home birth never recorded. Country doctor whose name she couldn't remember, probably long dead. Never christened or baptized in a church. Attended a one room school that no longer existed. Never had a drivers license.

Old 02-18-14, 05:40 AM
In today's society I don't think its possible to survive in in the backwoods. But assuming having access to basic things in today's world you would have to be on the grid.