Daylight Savings Time

Don't forget to turn those clocks forward tonight! Don't want to be late for:

Name:  IMG_1917 (Medium).jpg
Views: 253
Size:  27.3 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-14, 05:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know memory is no longer one of my strong suits but isn't daylight savings time coming earlier this year?

Old 03-08-14, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
Yep, it sure is! I remember when it used to be the last sunday in April, then they kept kicking it up and up. The main problem with it being this early IMO, is it'll be dark again in the morning when you get up.
I think last year, it was the last Sunday in March (or the third maybe) if I remember correctly.
I just hate losing that hour of sleep.

Old 03-08-14, 06:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
When I was younger I really liked it when the time changed in the spring - gave me more useable hours outside in the evening ..... but on the same note, I was glad when it turned back in the fall and I had an excuse not to do any work after I got home. Takes me awhile to get adjusted to the new sleep pattern too - and I no longer have to get up to go to work!

Some of Tenn's idiot politicians tried to float a bill putting the state on daylight savings time year round but there were a few with enough sense to shoot it down

Old 03-08-14, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
I remember they did that one time here, but it didn't work out. Parents were complaining it was too dark in the morning for the school kids, so that ended that idea.
But seems doing it this early does the same thing.

Old 03-08-14, 07:39 AM
Group Moderator
I just hate losing that hour of sleep.
You should have put the one you gained last fall in the bank.

Old 03-08-14, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Since I don't need an alarm clock...my sleep patterns change gradually through the year. Sleep late in the winter, get up early in summer. I don't like it...but thats the way it is.

I don't get the way they make kids go to school in the dark though. In mid-winter...sun isn't up til 7:30 and the bus comes at 7.

Old 03-08-14, 11:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
IMO sending the kids to school in the dark is a big deal! I don't pay enough attention to when the sun comes up to know if or how big a problem it will be locally although just a few days ago a grandmother and her 6 yr old grandson were struck by a car while the kid was getting ready to board the bus .... and it was daylight when that happened.

Old 03-08-14, 03:54 PM
In my opinion I think they should just keep it the way it is but I guess there is a reason for it. Nothing on right now except old re-runs so I think I will take a nap.

Old 03-09-14, 07:58 PM
I hate it, I have to go around and change every clock, and timer I own.

Old 03-09-14, 08:05 PM
Justin -

It could be worse when the clocks (alarms, microwaves, ovens, artificial breathing (etc.) in the are all different and some do it automatically. Fortunately, the cell phone and cable are automatic and are used irregardless of the time.

The most frustrating thing is getting into a car for a appointment/meeting somewhere and you find out it does not reset automatically. Either an hour or early depending on the time of the year.

Dick

Old 03-10-14, 04:38 AM
Group Moderator
Should have left my clocks alone and missed the start time; shot a pretty bad round yesterday. Wifey took me by 10 strokes.