Cars fall into landslide

Old 05-03-14, 09:46 PM
Cars fall into landslide

Not sure if you guys have seen this on the news but up here in Maryland we have had really bad weather. It was so bad up here we had flooding real bad and some people had damage to their vehicles. The most dramatic was up in Baltimore. Here is a a link to a video that shows the damage Video shows car collapse over landslide cliff - YouTube. It is going to take a while before they will have regular train service for a while. About the worst we have had in a long time. I don't think anyone was hurt from what I heard. Sorry I couldn't put the video here I tried but it didn't work. Maybe a moderator can help. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJvTx9KVLs4

Last edited by lawrosa; 05-04-14 at 02:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-14, 03:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I saw that the other day. I know most/all homeowner ins policies exclude sink holes, wonder if the same is true of auto policies

Old 05-04-14, 11:44 AM
Thanks Mike for helping me with the video most of the time I don't have any problems. Marksr I don't know about coverage for the cars that is a good question. Down further south an automobile dealer in Laurel lost his stock due to flooding. The cars can probably be dried out and could be sold but not in Maryland due to the laws here. Something I certainly agree with too as cars that have been in floods should never be driven. You can have all kinds of problems. The sad thing that I heard was that this might have been preventable.

Old 05-05-14, 03:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You might recall back in the 80's [?] in a suburb of Orlando there was a sink hole that swallowed up part of a high dollar car lot. I ferget how many cars it swallowed up [mercedes, jags, etc] some of which had to be abandoned in the hole. A co workers wife worked next door at a dry cleaners and she refused to go back to work because the sink hole extended to about 25' of that business.

Old 05-05-14, 10:54 AM
No I don't remember that although I am not surprised they have a great deal of sink holes in Florida because of the sandy soil there. I do remember the more recent time when they were filling in a hole with cement to try to save two houses. I heard they filled it up and then had to come back with more cement. Then the more tragic case where a man was sleeping in his house and a sink hole swallowed him and his room up. I think he was living in his brothers house and his brother tried to save him but couldn't and he called the fire dept. but the hole kept getting deeper.

Search this Thread