Driveway Dog House?

Old 06-14-14, 09:03 AM
Admin Emeritus
Driveway Dog House?

Could this be the new "Dog House"?

Noticing some auto manufacturers TV advertisements focus or emphasis is on the entertainment center console in the middle of the dashboard...

Wasn't this way a few years ago best as I recall. But now it does seem like to some brands it is more important then any of the other features they use to offer.......anything just to sell another vehicle...GI2

With so many included features in the entertainment console, driving distractions are likely to abound. No wonder some brands are now including auto braking??? To avoid rear ending......the vehicle in front of you while your being distracted or becoming more and more distracted???...

Guess if I had such a vehicle parked in my driveway, when needed, I could use it as my "NEW" Dog House!" ????....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-14, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
We just bought a new car with a slightly upgraded infotainment system. Personally, I think it's fantastic. Hands free phone, voice recognition for almost all functions, integrated back-up camera, sat radio, etc. You can also control all functions w/o ever taking your hands off the wheel using 2 multi-function control pads under your thumbs.

So many things are standard now, that used to be options, and everyone has them, so they have to promote things that are eye catching or different from the competitors. Examples? 4 wheel disc brakes, anti-lock brakes, stability control, traction control, multiple airbags, power everything, electrically assisted steering, etc. Almost every car has those.

Different and "cool"? Panoramic sunroofs, LED lighting, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, keyless entry & starting, large displays for infotainment and navigation, lane departure systems, etc.

Have to appeal to what the buyer wants or has knowledge of. They don't know jack about direct injection or low reciprocating mass or unsprung weight. They want leather 12 way power seats, motion activated cargo hatches, and remote start.

Old 06-14-14, 11:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
About the only thing missing from mine is a flush toilet. Add that and I would have a driveway doghouse. Arf! Arf!

P.S. love the satellite radio.

Old 06-14-14, 12:34 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hi: Woody

HA HA. Arf! Arf!

You got the message. It's "HUMOR" folks!

Toilet? Good suggestion... Never thought about that....LMAO!

Satellite Radio? Have that in the truck. LOVE it!!!

Old 06-14-14, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator
Well, we feel differently about the sat radio. Very little programming that she (it's her car) or I like. Sure, may have 100+ channels, but she only listens to two or three. The only good thing is no commercials. Since it's so easy to hook up an IPod or even load music into onboard memory, we'll be canceling when the trial expires.

Old 06-14-14, 02:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
When I bought my Jeep, satellite radio came with it free for one yr. I liked it but I don't spend enough time on the road to justify the expense so I let it run out after the yr was up. I did like the southern gospel station and the NASCAR station, my wife liked the old timey rock and roll stations.

I don't care for the DVD and game systems many vehicles have. Our grandson will stay occupied with them and never look at any of the scenery

Old 06-14-14, 03:55 PM
Admin Emeritus
Oh No!....

Loves & Hates sat radios. ??? This station that station......Oh My!

Loves & Hates What's next?.... ???....Gas Stations?...

GOOD GRIEF!

Edited In Note.
Went to local dealer. Guess what. Sales persons second selling point was the entertainment console!!!! YEP! Poor young sap. He failed to notice my concerns. Big Truck with huge V-8 and full tow package! Despite my mentioning it prior or noticing my age....

He got a funny look on face when I mentioned something to the effect of "I Couldn't Care Less!" about console features and functions except for the sat ragio and GPS! Dealers having more senior sales persons on staff do have their benefits.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 06-15-14 at 06:54 AM.