More Forum Issues

Old 07-17-14, 06:33 AM
More Forum Issues

Two issues. This may be my computer, but when I hit reply I sometimes get an error message and cannot get back into the thread or recover my message. I will copy the error (common one) next time.

But that leads to the second issue, auto-save. When I finally get back in I find only part of my post was saved or nothing. Granted, the auto-save has saved me several times, but I wish it was 100%. Is there a mouse over, place to click, or time to wait for the auto-save to grab my message? Or at least some indicator it has cycled.

I have noticed a slow down of visitors and posters. We who post a lot may put up with these pains, but the new generation we need probably will not and these problems don't seem to be high tech.

BTW, I am still having the logout issue as well.

Bud

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-14, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
There is a timed save. Just tested it....looks like around 35 sec after you stop typing? You get a small "Auto saved" message in the lower right corner of the reply box that pops up and then fades out after just a second or 2.

No manual save that I know of.

Old 07-17-14, 07:51 AM
Thanks, I just played to check the 35 sec and my first auto-save popped up in 20 seconds. Added a few characters and it took a full minute. What I see is it is on a 1 minute cycle and will save if anything new has been added. Nothing new and it skips the save.

I would prefer a mouse over or place to click, but at least it isn't 3 minuted .

Bud
BTW, the last two times I signed off it went fine, I'll try some more.