Introduction Thread

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-14, 12:19 AM
Introduction Thread

Looking for the introduction thread to meet everyone. Did I come to the right place?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-14, 02:23 AM
This is as good a place as any since we don't have a forum specifically for introductions.

So do you have any questions or are you joining to offer your expertise? What areas of interest do you have?

Thank you for completely filling out your profile!

Old 09-10-14, 08:08 PM
Thank you! I had a hard time yesterday finding your thread for introductions and since there's none, I decided to post here.

Well, yeah. I am here because I am interested in topics related to home renovations, designs, roofing, cars, etc..and of course to partly share my expertise and knowledge if I can help. I hope I can find someone here who has the same interest as me.

Welcome, I think its everyone's responsibility to complete their profiles since they are to join this community.

Old 09-10-14, 08:20 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome J.Clark, glad you found us!

Old 09-10-14, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome to the forums... Please take the time to read our rules and policy's...

DIY rules and policys

Hey!!! You look familiar...!!!! LOL

Old 09-10-14, 08:26 PM
Thank you! I got bored yesterday so I surf and thought that it would probably be exciting joining in a community like this.

Old 09-10-14, 08:30 PM
Thanks. I'll do it. Wow, you have a lengthy website rules and policies. I'll take time to read to prevent from committing a violation

Me? look familiar? haha. Yeah. I look like Santa Claus.

Ow. I exactly look like you! I just noticed it now.

Old 09-10-14, 08:31 PM
Group Moderator
This is not primarily a social forum. The two main reasons to join are you have a problem with fixing or building something and need help or you have special knowledge and would like to help others.

Old 09-10-14, 08:44 PM
Yes, I hope I could help them. I'll do my best to share what I know. For now, I have a minor problem. I bought a house in Calgary and I'm have dilemmas about the interior improvement. Well, haven't see the house in person yet but the previous owner sent me a pic of it.

Old 09-11-14, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator
Welcome.
One of the things we ask for is an accurate location of where you live.
We need to know this because the local climate and codes have a great impact on any of the answers you give.
Would you kindly edit your location so we can be of more help?

Old 10-12-14, 06:33 PM
My apologies for the late reply. I have already updated my profile and found out that the exact address cannot be viewed. I'm from Edmonton.

Old 10-12-14, 08:20 PM
I agree with Ray2047 this isn't really a social website but this where we go for off topic items and to chat a bit so this is the best area for being more sociable. I think you will find people here who know about a variety of topics some professionals and some advanced hobbyists. So we can't guarantee our advice but we will do our best. Pictures when appropriate help the best to describe your problem and they will help you get better advice. Welcome to the forum!

Old 10-13-14, 05:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have already updated my profile and found out that the exact address cannot be viewed.
We don't need to know exactly where your house is but knowing the region where you live helps us to give better advice for your location. What works in the south may not apply to further north, etc.

Old 10-13-14, 06:47 PM
I recently got a picture. This is the kitchen. I can't decide yet in terms of the interiors.
Name:  3_015.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  18.8 KB

Old 11-05-14, 03:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Without specific need of information, and since we seem to be going nowhere, I am closing this thread. You may open another thread with a specific request for information in a forum other than General Chats.

Closed Thread