SourceForge Download Warning

Old 10-19-14, 11:18 AM
Group Moderator
SourceForge Download Warning

Lots of free software is downloaded from SourceForge but IF this blog is correct you may want to think twice before downloading. How far the once mighty SourceForge has fallen… | Gluster Community Website

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-14, 10:49 PM
Your link too Ray2047 was kind of strange at least with Internet Explorer as tonight for some reason the website here doesn't want to be nice to Firefox. I received some kind of warning about a slow internet connection with Verizon and that they could fix the problem. Maybe there is another website that wouldn't have that kind of pop up and has the same kind of story.

I just had to post a warning about my first link to Gimp Shop in Computers as the download page didn't have gimp at all it had browser plug ins which are hard to get rid of sometimes and a program for scanning my computer none of which I wanted. A great deal of these companies that offer downloads also offer nasty surprises or it not real nasty at least very annoying. It is very unfortunate too especially when you are trying to help someone find a free photo editing program only to find out it is full of bloat ware.

I had a need for Gimp Shop as I recently changed laptops from a used Dell to a used Samsung. Nothing wrong with the Dell and it is going to be used downstairs in my office. I just like having two good laptops available to me.

Old 10-20-14, 02:10 AM
Group Moderator
I have never heard of Gimp Shop. There is a version of Gimp ported to Windows. I will look for a link after breakfast.

Tested the link in my post above and it still works fine, at least in Seamonkey and Google Chrome.