Mail

Old 11-23-14, 08:53 AM
Mail

Wow! First for me, Sunday mail delivery from USPS.Girl (mail person) said the same.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-14, 09:54 AM
Sunday? Because of the holiday season I assume. We haven't had mail or news paper delivery for the past 5 days. (Buffalo, NY)

Old 11-23-14, 10:02 AM
Group Moderator
But, Norm, the snow delivery was on time, correct? That's what counts.

Old 11-23-14, 10:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Norm,
I will not tell you what the weather is like here in San Diego.

A little different in Buffalo I expect.
I grew up in Ohio, out in the country and we had some snow. Sometimes the snow would keep you in the house and get pretty bad. Buffalo though is world class snow.

Go Bills.

Old 11-23-14, 10:13 AM
Well today, it's currently 54 degrees at my location and I keep hearing the roof snow overhangs dropping off. So far no gutters have come off yet. My son says he lost about half his gutters. Speaking of such, any suggestion as to what he might do in the short run to fix the gutter problem? I told him just let it ride until spring and replace the gutter and any other related damage. But not to bother at this point in time.

Old 11-23-14, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
They've been delivering Amazon packages on Sunday for some time now, in Phila. I think they're going to deliver other things on Sunday during the holidays.
I remember way back when, when there was Sunday delivery during Christmas holidays.

Old 11-23-14, 01:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Norm, you'll want to replace the gutters in the short term to prevent ground water seepage into your basements. Need to carry the water away from the foundation to prevent saturating the block or concrete. Although, you may be safe if you had adequate drainage and drainage stone worked into the build of the basement. Each home is a crap shoot....

Old 11-23-14, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE]Norm, you'll want to replace the gutters in the short term to prevent ground water seepage into your basements. Need to carry the water away from the foundation to prevent saturating the block or concrete. Although, you may be safe if you had adequate drainage and drainage stone worked into the build of the basement. Each home is a crap shoot....[QUOTE]

True enough. He has a lot of water going to the pit. Or should I say he seems to have good drain tiles that feed the pit. His house is built in a flood zone and he goes through sump pumps like oil changes on a car. He has never had a leak in the basement walls, so I have to assume the drain tiles are doing a good job. I think he'll be OK for the time being. My concern though is for the water draining off the roof and soaking the facia board or soaking in under the roof shingles when it freezes again.

Old 11-25-14, 07:00 AM
czizzi and Norm201,

I used to have the same problem, seems I have bad luck with them pedestal pumps, the best in sump pumps I have found so far is the Zoeller submersible, cast iron pump housing with brass or plastic impeller, got one like 3 or 4 years ago, still going strong and no problems with it yet, by now I probably would be on my 2nd or 3rd pedestal, I do still have a pedestal, but its for backup in case the Zoeller goes bad.

Old 11-25-14, 06:57 PM
DOORDOCTOR,

I din't know Zoeller pumps were still made. I'll need to find out where to buy them and pass that along to my son. I do know they had a good rep back when.

Old 11-26-14, 07:35 AM
I got about 14 years out my last Zoeller cast iron submersible and only replaced it because it looked too disgusting to refurbish and I inherited an exact replacement.

Old 11-27-14, 05:49 AM
A customer of mine at the store also suggested Liberty Pumps. Suppose to be industrial grade.

Search this Thread