long morning

Old 12-01-14, 10:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
long morning

Saturday my youngest son came up so I could help change the axle bearing/seal in his car. When we got the axle pulled we noticed it was worn too much to keep so we went to the local auto parts only to find out that axle could only be ordered on a weekday

So I took him home and he started driving his Bronco when it killed the battery and he remembered the tag was expired Left out early this AM to pick him up and take him to work, then went to the DMV and renewed his tag. Got home, fed the animals and headed to the parts store, ordered an axle, went to the bank for my wife and then went to my son's house to do some bush/tree trimming ..... until it started raining.... are we tired yet

All I have left to do is charge up his battery, try and figure out why it went dead [hadn't been driven in a couple of months] and pick him up at work by 5PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-14, 10:29 AM
Group Moderator
I'm at work earning money - how much has this morning cost you?

Old 12-01-14, 10:31 AM
That snowball affect always has a way of showing up. Good that he has you to give him a hand. And, by the way, my own dad and father-in-law have long passed, I'm not exactly a kid any more, but do wipe my feet and remove my hat at the door, clean my plate, and am available for adoption if you'd like!

Old 12-01-14, 10:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Good point Mitch the axle that fits his car was double the price of the other ones that fit other crown vics. I didn't think until I ordered/paid for it but maybe I should have called him first. I will give him the option of waiting until he gets his income tax refund to pay me back. He did say he'd reimburse me for the tag on payday. Some how I always seem to wind up doing free labor for family and friends.

Pedro - I already got too many dependents I can't claim on my tax return

Old 12-01-14, 11:13 AM
Some how I always seem to wind up doing free labor for family and friends.
It's some kind of unwritten law that we don't profit from friends and family.