Seems Ligit

Old 12-15-14, 03:28 AM
Seems Ligit

Am I lucky or what? Just happen to look in my junk mail file and came across this.

Dear Email User,

We wish to notify you that You are one of the lucky winners of windowsLive Award Network Online Program and You have won the sum of {Three Million Pounds £3,000.000.00} Cash from window Live Award Network Online Program and your email address was generated in the recently drawn of Network Online Program for Last Quarter of the Year 2014.Payment Payable through our Paying Agent in South Africa.
This Unique Program is Organized Every year to create and improve a larger awareness record for all internet usage for worldwide.This Unique Program is Organized Every year to create and improve a larger awareness record for all internet usage worldwide. All the ten (10) winners were selected automatically World Wide through a computer draw system and emails were generated from over 100, 000.00 internet email service providers. from U.S.A, Europe, Canada, United Arab Emirates,Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South America, Australia and Asia and Africa Continent.
Kindly note that Your Ref: ZA-15-27-39/WAP/2014 falls within our Afro booklet Regional Headquarters representative office in Johannesburg, South Africa as indicated in the play coupon. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential until your claim is processed to avoid double claim.

Your winning details Below:
Reference Number: ZA-15-27-39/WAP/2014
Payment File Number of Deposit:PPC/ZA5622/2014
Amount Won: £3000.000.00

You are hereby advised to Contact your Appointed Claim Agent in our paying bank in South Africa to process your payment.

Contact Persons: Mrs. Amanda Eastwood
Direct Line: +27-74-578-7579
E-mail: [email protected]

To Begin your Claim Send your Details and Reference Number to Mrs.Amanda Eastwood the Claim Director in our Paying Bank for Urgent release of your Fund.

Full Names:
Sex:
City:
Direct Mobile:
Email:
Alternative Email
Reference No:

Congratulations'' once again from all our Staff and thank you for being part of our Promotions Program

Yours Truly,
On behalf of WindowsLive Network Online Award Team
Copyright©2014 windowslive Inc

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-14, 03:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You were supposed to keep your winning numbers secret. Now everyone will apply for your money. Gee! When you apply, don't forget to give them your SS number

Old 12-15-14, 04:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
What always amuses me is the emails that start out with dear sir/madam and then go on to say that someone died who had my exact name and they want to help me 'acquire' that person's money. You are then instructed to supply your name and other info. IF someone died with the same name as me - how come they don't know my name I don't understand how anyone can fall for such a scam!

Old 12-15-14, 04:48 AM
Group Moderator
And the sad thing is a they do. Back before the internet there were similar schemes just by old fashioned mall. If your old enough, remember "You have one the Irish Lottery"? You just need to pay the processing fees.

Old 12-15-14, 09:01 AM
Group Moderator
This one could be like those hidden mistakes picture puzzles. Find the errors.
Name:  SC104.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  29.1 KB

Old 12-16-14, 07:23 AM
These scams are so numerous and common that if by some rare chance I ever WERE eligible for some "found" money I would never know about it--since I discard them all without reading them.

Old 12-16-14, 07:37 AM
I had to do a search on "ligit" to find that it is a corruption of the abbreviation legit meaning legitimate.

I don't know about other states but in Washington they have a website where people can search to see if the state is holding any money that belongs to them. I've twice found my name, once for something like $530.

Old 12-16-14, 09:01 AM
Group Moderator
Norm... those offers are numerous but it's pretty rare that it doesn't require the "processing fee".