Size:  28.9 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-14, 03:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I bet unless help is nearby, replacing the window is next on his list

hopefully the camera man is able to do more than operate the camera

Old 12-22-14, 03:36 PM
Group Moderator
I didn't pick up on that, Mark, but you're right - the person taking the picture could try to be more helpful....

Old 12-22-14, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We occasionally watch those funniest video shows and whenever it shows something that could potentially hurt a kid [even though it turns out ok] we wonder why the person behind the camera didn't drop the camera to come to the kids rescue .... I'm sure I would!

Old 12-22-14, 04:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It is a prop - funny xmas light display. I fell for it at first as well. Look closely, it is an oddly shaped fellow if he is one indeed.

What fun! I wish I could be that creative in my displays.

Old 12-22-14, 04:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Oh, Z, you are a spoiler, but it makes sense. Who would be that stupid? Sort of like those Santa's on the front of cars.

Old 12-23-14, 12:29 AM
Well I have to admit at first I thought it could be a real person. Then I saw czizzi's post and I looked at the picture again and realized there are no arms and actually no hands either as the clothes are probably nailed to the fascia board. I will admit it is clever though and makes you think at first that some poor fellow is in trouble.

Old 12-23-14, 03:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Well I'll be .... never would have figured that out on my own

There is a farmer near me that stuffs britches and boots full of straw and then sticks it out of a round bale of hay every halloween. Made me look twice the first time

Old 12-23-14, 04:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I know. It does look like uncle Irv a little bit You know even putting up the decoration was a little dangerous in itself, with the overhead triplex right there. With the ladder extended two more notches it could have fallen across the lines.

Old 12-23-14, 05:50 AM
This may be a decoration, but I have a story that is similar and true. My former boss from many years ago told this story. Picture those older style homes in the city that are two story with overhead electrical line entering at the roof on one corner. One day his wife notices a baby bird on the ground and sees that it fell out of a nest located about 1 foot or so from where the wires enter the house. Against his better judgement she convinces him to put the bird back in the nest. He gets the ladder places it as close to the nest as possible and take bird in hand and climbs ladder. The nest is just out of easy reach. So he stretches a little too much to reach it. The ladder slips out from under him, he quickly reaches for the gutter. The gutter slowly begins to break away from the roof as he hangs there. In the meantime his wife just starts screaming as he yells at her to put the ladder back in place. Needless to say the bird did not survive.

This is the same guy who tried to remove lug nuts from a tire by having his wife put car in gear as he holds the wrench. The wrench grabs and flips out of his hands as the sharp edge of the wrench sweeps across his neck nearly decapitating him and leaving him a scare for life.

BTW... At the time he was an Engineer and I was his Purchasing buyer and expediter. He has since become a very competent remodeling contractor. But hey we were young and bold back then.

Old 12-23-14, 07:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Person behind the camera was the home owner.

Not to worry about ladder falling onto electrical wires, etc. Home owner uncle Irv came out the next day only to discover during the night the ladder was STOLEN!!!...