fradualent mastercard charge

Old 01-03-15, 01:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
fradualent mastercard charge

I got a bill from MC today which surprised me since I hadn't used it in about 6 months. There was a $25 starbucks card reload charged to my account. I called customer service and they immediately replied that it was fraud and they would remove it and issue me a new card.

Since they didn't even question me about the charge I assume that multiple accounts have been hacked or whatever ..... so if you have MC you might want to closely examine your statement!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-15, 02:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
One of my neighbors posted on FB the other day that we should check our bank accounts at our local bank. She got hit for $500, and another for $2000. Bank is being very quiet about it, so I wonder just how many got taken and what their response was. Must be nice to have $2000 in a checking account

Old 01-03-15, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
It's that time of year. Wifes new card info got stolen (had never been used) and the charges were like $1, $3, then $36. All reversed and new card issued. Someone got hacked, prob see it in the news soon.

Old 01-03-15, 02:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Several yrs ago DiscoverCard called me up and asked if I made a 78 charge at an office supply store in NJ. They said it's commonplace for the thieves to try a small charge to see if it will go thru and if it does, then start on big charges. I'm just glad there wasn't any hassle getting this fraudulent charge taken care of.