Hello From Montana

Old 01-10-15, 12:26 PM
Hello From Montana

Hello. Just surfing around and stumbled across this place while looking at home improvement projects. I live in northwestern Montana right by Glacier National Park. I work in the timber industry as a millwright fixing/installing/maintaining/fabricating equipment and machinery in a large plywood factory.
I fix, maintain, and repair all of my own belongings. I've also been an auto mechanic in the past. I've got a pretty wide range of skills but I find myself searching the internet for info regularly. Figured I might have something to contribute to this forum as well as have some stupid questions from time to time.

I can be long winded at times. I'm a perfectionist to a fault so my explanations/opinions can run on at times. Just fair warning.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-15, 12:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds good. Some questions can be answered in a sentence, some can take days.

Get a jacket on......

Old 01-10-15, 03:00 PM
Welcome aboard._____________________

Old 01-10-15, 03:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yep, welcome. If you get long winded, we will let you know. If you write dissertations, we will probably ignore most of it and ask questions pertaining directly to the problem. Either way, don't get offended. We welcome your input and questions.......short ones

Old 01-10-15, 03:27 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome! I've always wanted to see Glacier. Maybe if we become friends I'll have a cheap place to stay. Ha ha!

Old 01-10-15, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
GNP is a beautiful area. If it wasn't cold and snowy, I could live there.

Old 01-10-15, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Born in the Bitterroot, Missoula, and folks lived in Corvallis. Left before I was 2 (65 years ago) and have only had a couple of opportunities to return, but still think of that area as home.

Short is important and although I try, it is a talent I have not mastered, but I am improving, I think.

Bud

Old 01-10-15, 05:58 PM
I understand long winded sometimes I get long winded too. I am a landlord by trade and a computer hobbyist for the fun of it. I have been inside and out of those machines for years fixing this and that and looking up computer related topics. If there is a legal question pertaining to real estate I jump in there too although I am not a lawyer nor a broker. I can get long winded in either topic though and one thing that helps to keep it a little less winded is to link to an article. So for something Microsoft related I usually look up a Microsoft article or forum discussion if no article is available.

One thing that helps is the Quick Reply area if you stick to that and don't go out of the boundaries it makes it easier to read. When I first started posting here I went outside of the boundaries and that made it harder to read. See I told you I could be long winded. Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-11-15, 05:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I am the other way looking for the shortest way to answer, but sometimes I can't find a short way. Welcome

Old 01-11-15, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE]Quick Reply area if you stick to that and don't go out of the boundariesQuick Reply area if you stick to that and don't go out of the boundaries[QUOTE]

Explain about this. I'm unaware of boundaries on the quick reply.

Old 01-11-15, 07:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I took Hedge to mean if your answer fits in the quick reply window, it's short.
I go longer quite often....

Old 01-11-15, 07:52 AM
Well, I can expand that window to almost any length I want!

Old 01-16-15, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I love Montana. I've seen most of the rest of the country and I'm not interested. The only other places I'd consider living are in the upper end of Idaho or Alaska. But Idaho is only a couple hours away, and we play there often during the summer months and I'm too lazy to move to AK so in Montana I'll stay.
Those interested in GNP I encourage you to visit. But don't focus your whole visit on the park alone. The whole Flathead Valley has enough things to do and see that you could spend all summer here and still miss half of it.

Search this Thread