enough already!

Old 02-26-15, 05:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
enough already!

All this snow is getting old! I've lived in north east tenn for 24 yrs and I don't ever remember snow being on the ground for this long [maybe my memory isn't too good ] The schools have been out for 2 weeks because of the snow. But the kicker was this morning the power went out I forgot how long it takes to boil water on a wood stove just so you can have a cup of coffee

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-15, 05:52 AM
Temporarily Suspended
It has happened before but you didn't care then. Now you do.

Old 02-26-15, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator
Yes, and enough with the cold, too! Almost March and it's still in the 20's. We missed out
on this current snowstorm, but the last one left us with thick ice in addition to the snow, and it's not going anywhere because it's so cold.

Old 02-26-15, 05:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ahhh, good ol' Louisiana.....

Old 02-26-15, 06:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It has happened before but you didn't care then. Now you do.
I don't remember the snow sticking around this long, even the blizzard of '93 when we got over 3' of snow - it was gone a week later. Back when I was working it was a struggle to get in/out when my driveway was covered in snow but now I don't have to go anywhere .... although maybe bad weather was easier to deal with when I was younger

I've just about forgotten what warm weather feels like If I'm not mistaken it has only gotten above freezing a few times in the last 3 weeks and even then it was still in the 30's

Old 02-26-15, 06:14 AM
Over 5' of snow since Feb 1 and another foot predicted for the first week in March. But snow is normal up here (Maine), we just keep looking for global warming to give us milder winters, not yet. But the cold has been below normal and with our current snow pack that white stuff will still be around in April. Only hope to get rid of it earlier would be lots of rain, but that can be an even bigger problem.

No hurricanes, no tornadoes, no drought,,and all of this cold and snow makes us appreciate spring .

Bud

Old 02-26-15, 06:21 AM
Group Moderator
The schools have been out for 2 weeks because of the snow.
That's pretty funny. I bet the kids are loving it. They will probably regret it when school is extended an extra week this summer.

We have no snow on the ground here (well, yesterday we got a smattering) which is pretty unusual. We usually get the most snow in Feb & Mar. If that proves true, your storms should be coming our way soon.

I was up in Minneapolis last week and it was the same thing. It's all either gone way north or way south of us. It has been a bit cold here this winter, with less mild days (usually have a few nice days in the 30's and 40's). February has turned out to be way colder than normal. Tonight it's supposed to be -10F... not record cold for this time of year, but close. (average low for this date is 19F!) The clutch in my truck doesn't like it when it gets that cold... it lets out right at the floor!

Here's a neat little graphic you might like playing with.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/snow-and-ic...41130-20150225

Old 02-26-15, 09:56 AM
Group Moderator
Well, there's always alternatives.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47179[/ATTACH]

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-15, 02:43 PM
No hurricanes, no tornadoes, no drought,,and all of this cold and snow makes us appreciate spring .

Bud
And did you forget to mention the West Coast fires and earth quakes? I'm with you. Here in Western New york we ***** and belly ache about the winter, but we also know how to enjoy our summers. And if there is a positive side to this cold is the fact that when it's time for bed, nothing beats getting under those warm covers and insulting one's self from the cold. Its a nice feeling.

Old 02-26-15, 02:46 PM
Not a day goes by that some customer or two comes into the store asking for salt and roof pellets or roof rakes. We've sold out for weeks. But Always offer the suggestion to use panty hose and fill with salt and throw on roof. I always suggest they remove panty hose 1st.