Thought For The Day

Old 03-29-15, 04:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thought For The Day

Don't know that I could have stumbled across a more apropos statement as it pertains to the forums. There is a fine line between saving a buck and purchasing and installing a cheap piece of garbage.

Enjoy your day.

Name:  funny_pictures_of_the_day_10.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  37.6 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-15, 06:17 AM
Oh so true.
I see it in action almost every day.

Old 03-29-15, 12:40 PM
Group Moderator
An old expression but just as true today.

Old 03-29-15, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Someone posted it before, and if I get it wrong, I am sure I will be corrected , but there is a saying...you can have it GOOD, CHEAP, and FAST.....choose two.

Old 03-29-15, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
I bought a $10 pair of sneakers at wally world. Very comfy. If they last me 3 months ill be ahead of the game, as my last reboks were about 100 bucks. Infact they both look the same only the wally world pair has no name on the side..

Additionally I treated myself to $19.95 work boots in a 10 wide. Most comfy pair of boots I ever owned... All from wallyworld..

Aditionally I am not a harbor freight fan but how can you pass up the $40 tool kit with a lifetime warranty?

130 Pc Tool Set with Case

Old 03-29-15, 05:17 PM
That stuff is good for once in awhile use. For tools I use often, I tend to spend the money. I find it to be worth it.

Old 03-30-15, 04:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've been buying tools from Harbor Freight and Salvage for over 30 yrs and while some of their tools are junk, some are decent they do have some great hand tools! I have some of their wrenches that seem to be every bit as good as my Craftsman wrenches but for a lot less money. I don't know if they still do it or not but I've bought quite a few name brand electrical tools from them at a discounted price.

Old 03-30-15, 04:39 AM
Temporarily Suspended
I saw that quote in an auto parts store, in the 70s. More recently, I bought what was supposed to have been the 'better' brand thermostat, for my van. It lasted a week. It is now stuck in the opened position & I have no heat. I spoke to a female friend of mine who knows quite a lot about cars & she told me that even airplane mechanics are complaining that everything is made in China & the quality is at an all time low. Chinese garbage in American airplanes. That's something to think about.