Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Old 05-19-15, 03:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

I hate my cable company!

Woke up rather early this morning (3-ish) and decided to waste my usual amount of time on the internet. Tried to log in and got an immediate message that said your account has been turned off please contact us at the following number. Twiddled my thumbs for several hours (the TV was also shut off) and asked the wife what was going on. She said she paid the bill... Well, with no internet, we could not verify anything in the morning. Wife gets to work and logs on using the school computer and verifies that her payment cleared on May 5th (two weeks ago).

So I head off to the office to find out what was wrong. Pull up to a vacant building and say, WTH*ll. They had moved the local office across town. So I head to the new address and tried to go in only to see that they don't open until 10am . Sat in the car for an hour and a half waiting for them to open.

Got bumped in line by someone who showed up 5 minutes before as I was sitting in my car (go figure). Finally talked to the rep. Two months ago they raised rates (20%) and we had a delinquent bill for...get this...$25.83. They flat out cut me off like a frequent none payer for $25. My wife was simply making the same payment on line that she always had as a recurring regular payment. Wasted my morning, lost 1/2 a day, got exceptionally irritated and am going to write a letter to someone over this just for spite.

Man, what crappy customer service. Wonder how much relief I will get the next time I loose service over their issues. I wish there were more alternatives.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-15, 03:35 PM
Group Moderator
That's what sucks is that when it comes to cable tv, there often isn't any competition so the customer is usually screwed over by their take it or leave it attitude.

For a while we had cable tv, phone and internet all thru the cable company. Well when the cable went down, and we had none of the above, how the heck were we supposed to report it? LOL

Old 05-19-15, 04:28 PM
Why didn't you call them on the phone?

Old 05-19-15, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
I turned off cable and have an antenna on the roof. Im saving 160 a month which was what triple play cost..

I suppliment with net flix. Other then the news all the kids and wife watch is netflix...

Old 05-19-15, 04:38 PM
Don't leave us in suspense, who is it? Surly you must have some choice (Dish network, Verizon, T-W). Go here and put in your address:

National Broadband Map

Threaten to leave and you may get a better rate. We do that all the time with Time -Warner.

Old 05-19-15, 05:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Don't leave us in suspense, who is it?
Well, I hate to call out, but it sounds like a C with an OX after it and the word "communication" to make it sound warm and fuzzy. It just burns me. All my business websites, emails and everything that keeps me connected to my clients go through these yahoos (no offense to yahoo who I now respect more).

Oh, we love you as a customer, you have always been a great customer, paid on time, never complained, and, oh but the way, we are raising your rates 20%. Make sure you read the disclaimer we put in the bill to cover our A$$es that you will be spending more next month. Come visit us when you object, we will be happy to kiss your backside and pretend we care.

I left more mad than when I arrived. The man looked me in the eye and said, we can evaluate your account as it is delinquent. I paid the $25 just to continue my conversation.

Why didn't you call them on the phone?
Droo - I needed to look someone in the eye to understand that we were treated like second class citizens after a perfect record, 15 years history with this company. $25 delinquent, KMA$$

Old 05-19-15, 05:19 PM
Again, is there no other choice? At least threaten them if nothing else. And being in the near Washington DC area I would thing there would lots of choices.

Old 05-19-15, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
I told the cable company the same thing.. Im leaving. They put me with retention dept... They basically said they cant lower my rate and go pound salt. " Im sry to see you leave after 15 years"

Thats when I bought the antenna. Best $110 bucks I spent....

Old 05-19-15, 05:47 PM
See. Lawrosa had a choice.
But you need Internet service. There must be choices. What is your ZIP code?

Old 05-19-15, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Yes. I am forced to pay the high rate of internet here without a plan of triple play I must admit. 59.95 for this...

I was 29.... then 39... then 59

I was/am cablevision...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50783[/ATTACH]

Attached Images  
Old 05-19-15, 07:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I paid the $25 just to continue my conversation.
May this be the last time I quote myself, but...MAN, I'm just burnt.

Just treat me like I have a 500 fica score, have a bazillion dollars in bad debt, delinquent on every major credit card and am dodging the debt collectors. Jesus H Chri$t you change the rate on a regularly occurring bill that hasn't changed in forever. We paid what we thought was the bill.

How about the curtsey of a call that reminds us of the adjustment. Nope, cut you off.

:bad poster: Bad customer, you no warrant service no more....

Old 05-19-15, 07:36 PM
Problem today is that companies don't need to cater to customers like they use to. There are too many customers. Loose one, gain two more. However, in some cases that may not always be true. I have a storey for another time about Sears. When it plays out I might relay the whole scenario for all to read.

Old 05-19-15, 09:18 PM
I too have dumped the cable/satellite and put up an antenna and I'm very happy. There is still nothing worth watching a lot of the time but it doesn't cost me $80 a month to not watch it.

When there is something worth watching and I can't be there to see it, I bought a DVR. It's great and it enforces no cable/satellite.

Old 05-19-15, 10:04 PM
There are always options, the question really is, are there any viable options.

At my previous residence, about a mile north and five miles west of my current residence I had excellent TV reception from a roof top antenna. Using a rotator I could even get a watchable picture from a station about 70 miles north of where I was although most of the stations I watched were in the Seattle area to the south. My telephone service, however, was definitely second rate and had such a limited "free" range that it was all but useless. Any call further than about downtown Seattle to the south was a toll call and that included the dentist east of Seattle. After striking up a relationship with a woman living south of Seattle I switched my local telephone service to a "foreign exchange" for about ten dollars more per month than I was paying. This eliminated the long distance charges and consequently lowered my total costs although the basic charge went up. I'll add that cellular communication was very poor at my home but excellent a block or so away.

When I moved to my present location my cellular communication changed to excellent and for that and a few other reasons I chose to not get a land-line telephone. On the other hand, my television reception was poor to very poor since my new (to me) house was in a hole. I have a couple of large homes almost directly in the line-of-sight between me and the TV transmitters as well as treed ridges. Analog TV was spotty at best and absolutely required a rotator even for channels whose transmitting towers were within a mile or less of each other. Maybe if I could have gotten the antenna another thirty feet higher I would have been okay but that was not a viable option.

Of course since I didn't have either a land-line telephone OR cable TV I had no Internet either. Theoretically I could have connected via my cell phone but I did not consider that viable. Since I worked for a company that was enlightened and allowed (limited) personal use of their Internet connections I was okay with not having any Internet at home. After living with lousy television reception for about two years I finally broke down and ordered the ultra basic limited cable service.

Strange thing about that cable service; my neighborhood was served by AT&T U-verse (something like that) and they are the ones I called to initiate service. It took close to two weeks before a technician could be routed my way and when he came it turned out to be an independent contractor, not an AT&T employee. His work order showed I needed a new aerial drop and also wiring at/in the house. This despite the fact that my neighborhood has all underground utilities and that my house did have inside wiring and jacks installed. The technician was very pleased to find out that all he needed to do is remove the lock in the pedestal in my front yard and connect the coaxial cable as he had been given two hours to accomplish the job and this meant he had at the minimum an hour and a half to screw off before his next assignment.

Now here comes the strange part, I went inside and reprogrammed the television for cable service instead of antenna and scanned for available channels. Although I had the ultra-basic plan at a cost of about $11 a month I was able to receive all the channels included in the "expanded basic" plan that normally cost around $25 a month. I decided to wait to see what my billing would be before I made any move. Well, the bill showed up about three weeks later and it was from Comcast. It turned out that AT&T had sold their holdings in this area to Comcast right about the time I had ordered service. I was being billed at the lowest tier, which was a bit more than I was originally quoted, $12 and change a month. Over the course of a few years the price climbed to more than $20 a month but I figured it was still a bargain since I got the extra channels.

Retirement was looming and I realized that I would need some way to go on-line from home after I retired and to that end I opened an account with a free dial-up service. About a month prior to retirement I got land-line telephone service from the local telephone company. This was the same company I had used from my previous home and although my physical location was a bit different it was still mostly toll calls to the numbers that were important to me. One number, or group of numbers, that should NOT have been toll was to the free ISP but I could never connect. It turned out that the ISP would not allow connection to numbers with my prefix because some years earlier it had been a toll call. That made my land-line almost useless. Since it would cost a minimum of another $20 a month for a paid dial-up Internet service I figured that Internet add-on to the cable TV made sense as it would be about the same, or a little less than the paid ISP plus land-line service and would also be at least ten times faster than dial-up. To shorten the story I did the cable Internet and dropped the telephone land line.

I was reasonably happy with this arrangement and I eventually got telephone service with a VoIP company over the Internet. Trouble was, it would periodically not work. Eventually found that it was the ISP (Comcast) that was the problem and not the VoIP company. Since I didn't really need the telephone service I dropped it and rarely thought about it until I found out that Verizon was running fiber optic cables in my neighborhood. Again, lots more to the story but I will shorten it to say that the service via the fiber optic was so much better than the coaxial cable that I switched Internet providers as soon as possible. Since Verizon was not yet offering TV via fiber I kept the TV service through Comcast.

Then the big changeover to digital broadcasting of TV signals. Comcast made a huge deal about how their customers would NOT have to change a thing, their TV reception would stay the same regardless of the over-the-air changes. That lasted maybe six months at which time they began to digitize certain channels like TV Guide, CSPAN2 and some local educational channels. Then over the course of a few more months they digitized all of the "expanded basic" channels. I though about complaining but since I really wasn't paying for them, even though due to their mistake, I didn't figure I had a leg to stand on. Note that at this time I did not need a "set-top box" and also that the signal was still analog for the lowest tier channels so my analog video recorders (three of them) worked fine.

The next change was when they distributed what they called "digital transport adapters" prior to their digitizing the signal over the coax. These adapters were really digital tuners with an analog output. Digitizing their signal made my analog recorders useless without the digital tuner accessory. It still made it impossible to program for anything but one channel and that had to go through the dta into the recorder as an RF signal which was actually a downgrade. But I lived with it for a while. I might add that about two months prior to Comcast digitizing their signal I bought a new wide-screen television and while I was able to still watch without a set-top box they had now scrambled everything but the ultra basic channels. The final straw was when the scrambled EVERYTHING and I needed the stupid dta box to watch anything. That was when I said, "NO MORE!"

I have a relatively inexpensive antenna, mounted about 14 feet off the ground. I can recognize about 30 to as many as 40 channels (the lower number is more consistent) although many of them are unwatchable. The two that are still VHF signals are very consistent in signal strength and always watchable but those that transmit on UHF are less so and depending mostly on weather conditions can have occasional glitches to being absolutely unwatchable. Not counting the religious, foreign language and shopping channels I have 16 channels to choose from. I save $25 a month and would never go back.

Old 05-19-15, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Piddler...what is the DVR? I haven't looked in a while but there use to be only one on the market (Magnavox?) and it got really poor reviews. No TiVo or Sling box...I just was looking for a VCR type unit...I don't need or want all sorts of network stuff.

Old 05-19-15, 11:22 PM
Vic, as far as I know there is only one viable DVR and yes, it is Magnavox. Actually, they have three models, or did last I looked, and the only difference between them is the size of the hard disc drive. I have one, the model with the smallest hdd. I don't know what "bad things" you have read but mine works perfectly. The ONE thing that I find irritating is that if you record with the closed captioning function enabled you cannot turn it off if you desire to watch without captions.

Old 05-20-15, 03:33 AM
Guys. Czizzi needs an ISP, not TV. An antenna won't cut it. He lives in the state of Virginia. Unless he is surrounded by mountains I would think he has lots of choices. There are hundreds of VA. ZIP codes. He needs to let us know what his ZIP.

Old 05-20-15, 04:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I needed to look someone in the eye to understand that we were treated like second class citizens after a perfect record, 15 years history with this company
My story is rather old, about 30 yrs ago I had ma bell for phone service. One month I got a bill for double the normal charge, kind of freaked me out and my first thought was somehow someone got in my house and made long distance calls while I was at work. After careful scrutiny of the bill I came to realize I forgot to pay it the previous month no late charge or disconnection, they just added the 2 bills together.

About 6 months or so after I moved to tenn I got a cut off notice from the local phone company. I knew I paid the bill so I called to find out what was going on. Apparently they got the payment 1 day late they also said if it happens again they would have to double my deposit for me to continue to have service.

I detest doing business with companies that have poor customer service but sometimes you don't have a choice

Old 05-20-15, 06:51 AM
Group Moderator
Poor customer service seems to be the norm these days rather than the exception. Daughter has a cable company that rhymes with lighthouse and it is just terrible. Unfortunately no choice in her apartment complex. One of the reasons she's started looking at houses.

When czizzi mentioned his started with a C, I thought maybe it was the other big name starting with C; they are not highly thought of around here. I have Dish, and except for the cost the service is outstanding.

Old 05-20-15, 08:16 AM
I can't complain about Time-Warner in terms of service. Others in my neighborhood always complain but whenever I call for service they are very good and on time, either over the phone or on premises. Sure they try to raise my rate every year but I just complain and usually that works.

Old 05-20-15, 11:21 AM
My biggest complaint with Comcast is that at least once a week I receive another letter asking me to buy their services. About every three months or so they send a real live person to my door asking the same thing.

Even when I was using their service I had no problems with them. Sure, they kept raising the rates on their services and in the last year also decreased their usable (to me) services along with the higher rates, but whenever I had to actually deal with them they addressed my concerns immediately and to my complete satisfaction. From what I read I am in the minority.

Old 05-20-15, 02:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Some checking in my area leaves me with only one choice - DSL. Fiber-optics have not made it out to my neck of the woods yet.

Wife and I are looking to get rid of some of the packages we have with the TV end of things. The money saved will probably go to NetFlix or Amazon Prime Video. Any thoughts on the latter?

Old 05-20-15, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
I have netfix. Its all the kids and wife watch. I had Amazon and no one ever watched it.

I can recommend a TV antenna and amp if you need help there. I am on the fringe zone. 43 miles to NYC and 63 miles to philly ..

I finally found a small antenna and amp that gets all the channels aimed in one direction( NYC)

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Durable-Co...rds=RCA+ANT751

And this 20db amp as I dont have any close stations. You may need a less powerful one if your stations are closer.

http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master...el+master+7777

I had DSL for some time, but somewhat slow. You need to be a certain # of feet from the switch house. Mine was up the street some 1200 yards. I was only getting 2 mbs down and .5 mbs up..

Post 10 shows what I get now.. I need it with 4 tv,s netflix, 3 smart phones, x box 360, and KIDS!!!!!

Old 05-20-15, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
The final straw was when the scrambled EVERYTHING and I needed the stupid dta box to watch anything. That was when I said, "NO MORE!"
Same here. With 4 tv's I refused to have set top boxes.. They charge for them, as well as the remotes...etc...

Cizzi no satellite service? I found that to be cheaper but too many trees in my area so I could not get it.

Old 05-20-15, 03:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Cizzi no satellite service?
I did a little looking into and the FAQ section pretty much told me it wasn't for me. It may be find for the TV end, but not for the internet end. And, I also have a wooded lot. Never even looked into the direction of the nearest satellite but may do more research. If Fiber-optics were available, I would be making a call right now. For antenna - we hardly ever watch local channels.

One lesson I did learn during the day outage, is that I am way over dependent on this computer for entertainment and normal daily time passing activities.

Old 05-20-15, 03:43 PM
Netflix as far as I am concerned is great for many different shows including old and new. I too tried Amazon for just a month and I wasn't too impressed as it was hard to find shows I liked. Also Windows Media Center didn't have an app for anything other than Netflix and for a while that app quit working but now it is better and works again. If I was going to do it over again though I would buy a Roku as it includes many websites now that offer free video including PBS. I still might switch to a Roku since Windows 10 supposedly will not have Media Center, you never know though with Microsoft.

For any online service to be good though you at least need Fios or a cable modem for it to be half way decent. We have never had cable and probably never will either as most things are available online now. Also channels that used to be only available on cable like HBO for instance I hear are now migrating to online streaming. I really see online streaming as the way of the future and what we now know as cable dying day by day as people cut the cord or never have had the cord like us. With that you can have ala carte tv and watch only what you want to watch.

From an article I read the cable companies are really thinking along the same lines and it was one of the reasons why Comcast and Time Warner Cable wanted to merge. Apparently Time Warner had some technology and expertise internet wise that Comcast lacked some, at least according to the article I read.

Old 05-20-15, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Whats your main internet use? If you just need to ge on line I use LTE hotspot when camping. Uses cell towers..

I got it from walmart.... straight talk..

Its pretty good speed and better then the dsl I had. If you just surf and e mail and such a 4 gig card should be good. Thats $40 bucks for a 60 day cycle, or $20 bucks a month.

Get the 4g one not the 3 g one.. ( This may be an option) Note: If you go in account settings in netflix the bit rate can be reduced. I set it low to save MB's when camping.

If you will be streaming constantly they thats not a good option...

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/por...90AG5UBV2E0062

Old 05-20-15, 03:56 PM
I remember walking into a Comcast office to drop off some equipment. The place had more bulletproof glass than a bank. They had a chamber to put the equipment in to pass it through.

Cablevision is the worst. I nearly cried when FIOS came through. I'll never go back.

Mike, is that the minimum speed they offer? I'm not sure you need that much bandwith.

Old 05-20-15, 04:07 PM
We recently got a Smart TV and got into Netflix and Amazon. You don't have all the movies available on Netflix, but they have original programming available now. We already pay for Prime, so that's a bonus for us. We have watched some series on it as well. They do offer a lot of things to purchase there. If the networks on Hulu offered more of their programming, I'd probably get rid of cable and pay for that.

Old 05-20-15, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
That's kind of a coincidence with your pic Mike. The mount shown is exactly the same as the old Dish TV that was left in this rental I'm in. I mounted a 20 y/o antenna (that I took down from the other house and stored in the attic) to it that looks almost the same only with 2 wings that fold out (UHF maybe?) and get something like 30 channels from a mountain 15 miles away. Great line of sight so no amp needed. Actually some are dupes from repeaters on another range about 15 miles further away. Still get about 20 discrete channels. No amp needed in my case.

Unfortunately, I still have to have cable. Many of the things I really like to see are on cable only networks (mostly AMC, BBC, and HIST) so I just decided to have both. Plus giving up cable would mean a huge decrease in my 'net speeds.

What's really grinding my gears right now is I have almost the lowest tier phone service (local and 30 min long distance only) and it's costing more than double what I had before which was unlimited LD. They said we were on basic telephone with no LD before (which was not true) and it was an old rate plan they no longer offered. I told them, drop the caller ID and all the other junk...nope, can't do it. Worst is, almost 1/2 the bill is taxes for Fed LD, line charge (whatever that is) etc, etc.

Right now trying to decide if I want to try Vonage or similar, or just one of the basic cell plans like Boost. Either appear they would be cheaper. Issue is I don't text or surf from a phone...I just want to talk on it. I also don't want to carry a paperback book around with me all the time. The size of just a simple phone to talk on is ridiculous. I like having 4 cordless phones in the house so I can pick up anywhere and don't really need to be worrying about keeping my cell in my pocket.

I found with both cable and phone as the companies got bigger or were acquired, they got more expensive and waaay more less willing to give you a better deal.

Old 05-20-15, 04:10 PM
Never even looked into the direction of the nearest satellite but may do more research.
The satellites are south and somewhere over Texas.

Old 05-20-15, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Mike, is that the minimum speed they offer? I'm not sure you need that much bandwith.
No. since I got in the telephone argument with then and they kept raising my rate I ended up paying 59.95 for 15 down and 3 up.. I argued that was too much for that speed and they gave me the post 10 speed at the same price for a year.. Ill have to call and argue when my bill goes up after the year.

I have 4 smart tvs, netflix, x box 360 and 3 smartphone. you dont think I need that much band width?

Not to get off topic from cizzis issue but this all may help him...

Old 05-20-15, 10:01 PM
I remember walking into a Comcast office to drop off some equipment. The place had more bulletproof glass than a bank. They had a chamber to put the equipment in to pass it through.
Wow! That must be some neighborhood that office serves. My local Comcast office, maybe eight miles away, is an open concept with a long counter that has maybe 25 customer service stations. They have an overflow waiting area with chairs, tables and a couple of couches as well as free coffee.

I've only been there twice, the first to return my Internet modem and the second to return the set-top boxes and close my account, both times without the slightest problem. When I closed my account I was given the option of paying the final bill right then and there or having them send it to me. Maybe I'm just lucky but every time I have had to deal with Comcast personnel, either by telephone or in person, they have gone out of their way to make the encounter pleasant.

Old 05-20-15, 10:20 PM
What's really grinding my gears right now is I have almost the lowest tier phone service (local and 30 min long distance only) and it's costing more than double what I had before which was unlimited LD. They said we were on basic telephone with no LD before (which was not true) and it was an old rate plan they no longer offered. I told them, drop the caller ID and all the other junk...nope, can't do it. Worst is, almost 1/2 the bill is taxes for Fed LD, line charge (whatever that is) etc, etc.
Vic, what you want is a "pay as you go" VoIP telephone. Vonage is a VoIP that has a set monthly charge for a specified number of minutes (most VoIP plans are similar) and more often than not you won't come close to using all the minutes. With my plan I pay 1.9 cents per minute for all the calls I make anywhere in the US. They have international rates as well but since I don't use them I cannot comment on whether or not they are good, bad or downright ugly.

My VoIP is rock-solid, it is at least as good as a copper land-line if not better. Now part of that may be a result of having a fiber-optic Internet connection because when I had my Internet through the cable TV company the VoIP was definitely a hit or miss proposition.

I originally had just outgoing (pay as you go) calling, no incoming calls as no direct dial number, and while I did have to deposit $10 to start the service there was no cost whatsoever if I didn't make any calls. I think that initial $10 lasted for four or five months. Eventually I got an incoming number that allows people to call me directly at a recurring cost of $6.95 a month BUT that also includes free incoming calls. Prior to getting the incoming number people would call on my cell phone and then I would call them back on the VoIP phone. With the free incoming calls my monthly telephone costs including my cell phone averages around $35-$37 a month with the cell being about $26 of that. So, if you get one of those rock-bottom cellular plans you could be looking at maybe $20 or less per month for telephone service. Oh, many VoIP solutions do NOT have any of the taxes that you now pay on land-line and cellular services because the VoIP is considered a data transfer rather than voice communication and is exempt from those taxes.

Old 05-21-15, 03:46 AM
Once you get an IPS, look at LINGO as a VoIP service. I had them for five years and the only increase were the federal, state and user fees. Their basic rate hardly ever went up. World wide unlimited coverage without any special rates.

Old 05-21-15, 10:52 AM
Most VoIP providers that are not affiliated with a conventional telephone company do not charge any taxes. I've been with VOIPVOIP for at least six years, maybe longer, with no taxes and no fee increases.

Old 05-21-15, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Another alternative and probably cheaper, although I did not do the math, is the straight talk home line. Works on the cell towers...

$15 bucks a month. Beat our local Verizon basic plan by $9 bucks. With Verizon you cant call anywhere but local.

Aside from cutting cable I believe every one will be cutting out ma bell house phones.

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/por...ShopHomePhones

Old 05-21-15, 11:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I believe every one will be cutting out ma bell house phones.
Been two years since I go rid of the home phone...er, correction, the "telemarketer line". Kept it as long as I did for the 2nd business line and the kids. Well the business line was on constant call forwarding and the more I looked, all the kids had cell phones anyway. Was costing for the 2 lines $110/mo. Dropped it, mailed all my past clients updated business cards w/new number, and added my youngest daughter to the cell package for $10/mo. Saved a $100 per month which the cable company apparently found out about and is after.....

No longer understand the need for a land line given current cell phone technology. The only thing I can not do without a land line is send a fax. Now, I scan into the computer and email what used to be faxed.

Old 05-21-15, 12:08 PM
For those who get bothered with robo calls there is a new app called NOMOROBO. I tried it and it works quite well. Very satisfying to hear that one ring and no others. Knowing the offending caller is cut off without a warning. A robo call will ring once then gets cut off. If it's a real caller it will continue to ring and you can choose to answer it or use your caller ID to see who it is.
Most phone companies allow it including Time-Warner. If interested go to NOMOROBO.COM. Only takes a few minutes to set up. Its a great augment to the do not call registry.

Old 06-07-15, 09:11 PM
Gunguy, I'm sorry this took so long to answer, I bought a DVR+ from Channel Master. It works very well. You'll need an external hard drive for it but it is worth the money.