Now What....No Letterman?

Old 05-21-15, 08:51 PM
Now What....No Letterman?

Pretty good show last night but the best part was the Top 10 below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBf8MyGaEk4

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-15, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah, I freaking fell asleep at the break after the list. Going to try to watch online later, avoiding all stories or anything about it.

Colbert starts in Sept I think? I'm sure he's not going to be in the same persona as his CC show, though I thought he was funny there.

I've watched the Brit guy who took over the Late Late show from Craig Ferguson, I gave it 2 or 3 chances and I don't find him amusing in the least. Never got past 15 min or so before I clicked off.

Old 05-21-15, 09:29 PM
I liked Ferguson but this Corden is a bit different. I'm trying to like it but I don't know. Kimmel isn't too bad but Fallon just acts like a child.

Oh, how nice it would be to watch Johnny Carson and Tom Snyder again.

Old 05-21-15, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Johnny was the King and always will be. I know times change, but he was the best....ever. My parents actually let me stay up late to watch him in the mid to late 60's. And I always saw him in the 70's (well, till I found out about girls and had no time for TV...lol) before I joined up.

Snyder was good too, but that was a bit late even for me.

Kimmel is the closest to a Johnny or David as far as I'm concerned. This whole thing of 20 min of BS then 1 maybe 2 guests for very short segments and then some sort of concert thing has mostly killed it for me though. Same guests, same groups, different talk show. That's why I liked Ferguson. He NEVER let people plug their movies/albums/TV shows as a rule.

Old 05-22-15, 02:24 PM
I as a rule have never been a big fan of late night talk show hosts although I have to agree Johnny Carson was the best as he really knew how to talk to people. The show I really liked though was Nightline with Ted Koppel on ABC but they ruined it with all of that fluff and nonsense and now it is on after Kimmel who I don't care for so I watch Netflix then. Letterman wasn't too bad though I just never cared a great deal for his show except when he would have animals on the set with Jack Hannah. I hear they have torn his set up and put it in the dumpster which is kind of sad to hear.

I haven't heard of any replacement for Letterman though has anyone else? I imagine that whoever would take his place would want everything to be brand new and thus the stuff in the dumpster.

Old 05-22-15, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Stephen Colbert takes over in Sept...that was announced when Letterman said he was done.

I'm sure it will be a complete remake of the set and the format as well. I doubt that everything went in the dumpster though. Maybe basic stuff like curtains and flooring, but chairs, desk, backdrops, props...they are worth way to much to just trash.

Old 05-24-15, 11:10 AM
Stop finding Letterman funny when I matured. Leno had the best show. Conan was the funniest.

Old 05-24-15, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
I never really liked Leno for some reason. He never seemed to be having as much fun as some of the others like Ferguson or Letterman and now Kimmel. Some of his skits were funny, but it was probably just the comparison to Johnny that did it for me more than anything.

Old 05-24-15, 11:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I always preferred Leno to Letterman

but it was probably just the comparison to Johnny
Carson was a hard act to follow

Old 05-24-15, 04:45 PM
i agree with Tony and marksr. Carson was king and Leno was next. Never liked Lettermen. He always looked like the model for Alfred E. Newman of Mad Magazine.

Search this Thread