Home Free

Old 07-29-15, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator
Home Free

I know some of you don't like Mike Holmes and most of us don't like the reality type shows. I have to say though, he has a new one called Home Free which is pretty entertaining. Everybody wins on this one.

Of course this is the first US based show he's had and on a major network...so they can afford to do it.

Personally, I like the guy. I'd rather have someone like him working on my house (not that I have one anymore) than someone who cuts corners.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-15, 11:06 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I have no idea who he is.

Old 07-29-15, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Seriously? There's been lots of back and forth on here about him. Canadian public television star but longtime contractor. Has had one show based in the US prior, America's Best Handyman...which I also liked.

You're further North than most of us, I'm surprised you never heard of him. Of course you probably don't have much time for TV like the rest of us old folks. LOL

Old 07-30-15, 12:35 AM
Temporarily Suspended
I don't watch a large variety of shows. I'm really out of tune with mainstream TV & radio. It's non commercial radio for me. Someone just told me about 8 or so home improvement shows & I didn't know any of them.

Old 07-30-15, 12:48 AM
I haven't watched Holmes Inspection but it is now available on Netflix. So far to get ideas for a house I want to sell I have watched Flip Or Flop and Buying And Selling With The Property Brothers. Mind you most of these renovation/sale shows do over the top renovations and are not in our budget but they have some great ideas. So far of the two shows I like the Property Brothers the best as one twin is a contractor and the other a real estate associate and they both have great renovation ideas some of which is in our budget.

The Property Brothers is a Canadian show too that at one time it looked like they crossed the border as I saw a U.S. Postal Service mail truck so they may sell in the United States and Canada.

Old 07-30-15, 08:19 AM
Group Moderator
He's all right but I still see a lot of things I would do differently - like they often use mesh tape on a drywall job. That said, I'm obviously watching his shows if I know this kind of stuff

Old 07-30-15, 09:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ya, I saw one episode where they used the 'sticky' tape in the corners but all in all it is one of the better home improvement shows. Not sure if they no longer show it around here or maybe it comes on at a time I don't watch TV.

Old 08-08-15, 06:38 PM
I watched the last ten minutes of Home Free last week. I'm glad I didn't watch the whole program as it is NOT like any other Mike Holmes program I have seen. This one had some pretty off-the-wall designers (my opinion) doing renovations. I didn't like ANY of the work.