remind me why

Old 08-13-15, 01:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
remind me why

Remind me why I don't like our local water company The bill is always due on the 15th and since as of today's mail, the bill hadn't come and the last time to pay before they assess a late charge is 4PM friday [assuming they don't leave early] I went down to pay both mine and my son's bills.

After paying I asked why we never got our bills. She said you should have gotten it because we processed the bills and sent them out for mailing last friday, she then went on to say 'let me show you something' and pulled out a handful of bills that had been paid today where some had the bar code printed on the postcard while others had the bar code on a sticker - somehow that makes it the post office's fault While I've seen the bar code in the past both on a sticker or the postcard - I'd never paid any attention to it and don't see how that makes it the PO's fault

But on the up side I stopped at the pharmacy and they told me I couldn't get one of my stomach pills because it was filled last week ????? I hadn't picked up any RXs in a couple of weeks. While they couldn't figure it out, they had no record of me picking it up and know me well enough that I would lie about it so they went ahead and filled it anyway Glad I go to an independent pharmacy as you know that wouldn't have happened at a chain store!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-15, 05:40 PM
Do they have on-line paying? How about automatic withdrawal from checking account?

Old 08-13-15, 06:00 PM
Group Moderator
Do they have on-line paying? How about automatic withdrawal from checking account?
Are you kidding..... they're lucky to get water.

Old 08-13-15, 06:44 PM
Group Moderator
They only give you a week before it's due to get the bill through snail mail, and then have you send it back? Perhaps they should push their billing cycle out to 2 weeks or so.

Old 08-14-15, 03:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The water company doesn't have online paying and I don't trust them enough to give them permission for automatic withdrawals as some of you remember I've had issues with their billing dept for decades and have pretty much resigned myself to paying the bill in person requesting a receipt [they have lost/misplaced my checks before] They used to give you 2-3 weeks before the bill was due but I guess that was too hard on them

Our water doesn't go out as much as it used to but I still have to remove and clean the faucets about once a year to remove debris that gets in the line when they work on it.

Old 08-14-15, 04:01 AM
You need to move from a 3rd world country to a civilized country.

On a serious note. Many friends of mine who live in the country criticize me for living in a typical suburban neighborhood with "high" taxes. Although the country is nice, my taxes pay for sidewalks, plow service, storm drains, garbage pick-up, high end water service, sewers, regular police and fire service nearby, decent schools, reliable underground power supply, nearby hospital and health care services, and nearby shopping areas. Not everybody's cup of tea.

Marksr, you need to call your local paper, TV news and let them know what is going on. Contact local officials and do some investigating.