I need to vent

Old 09-27-15, 08:33 AM
I need to vent

Came home last evening and saw this.

The whole summer due to road work and curb replacement my front lawn has been ripped up. This past week town comes in and fixes, back fills and replants grass seed. I take pains to keep it watered and some SOB decides to walk into it. I have the urge to to to...whatever! Gets me so mad. And it was deliberate. I can just leave and say screw it or I can fill it in and replant.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-15, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator
Can you put some fencing up or maybe plant some hedges? Some people are just plain ignorant and inconsiderate.

Old 09-27-15, 09:33 AM
Group Moderator
Why isn't the doil tamped down? Grass seed is often rolled in with a heavy weight. What's going to happen once a lawnmower rolls over it and ur walking behind? I agree its inconsiderate but the soil shouldn't be that soft if your planting grass.

Old 09-27-15, 09:40 AM
I agree with Becky some people can be so inconsiderate. I also agree that some hedges or a fence will solve your problem. If nothing else I would buy some temporary netting fence that you sometimes see on construction sites. The netting fence is cheap to buy and would work until winter sets in and your ground becomes hard. If you use that type of fence I would keep it up until spring and your grass grows back.

Old 09-27-15, 05:51 PM
Hedge and Shadie, I thought about a line fence with white flags attached to it. Besides it's at the road edge and curb. But this is blatant and I don't think fence would help.

XSleeper, I was told it was tamped down and I never tested it. My wife said she watched them grade it and saw them tamp it. But you're right it should've be much more compact. Come next spring I'll re-do it.

I've calmed down about it now and it don't seem such a big deal.

Old 09-27-15, 06:39 PM
Group Moderator
You could always keep it watered down, and take satisfaction in the fact that if they try it again they will go away with very muddy shoes! LOL

Old 09-27-15, 07:14 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I would brick the entire front yard.

Old 09-28-15, 03:44 AM
I would brick the entire front yard.