We must have answered everyones questions!

Old 10-07-15, 05:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We must have answered everyones questions!

From my perspective, the deluge of questions has slowed to a very weak trickle. Does that mean we have answered everyone's questions and it is time to celebrate?

Good job team......

On the flip side, the electrical and heat/air guys got some catching up to do.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-15, 05:17 PM
Group Moderator
Weak trickle You should see my PM inbox.

Old 10-07-15, 05:18 PM
Silly boy. Now you'll get every question there is.
So what's the meaning of life beyond 42?

Old 10-07-15, 05:23 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I noticed the decrease around Labor Day. I thought that it might have been the holiday or maybe that summer was getting close, to the end. At the same time, more people are calling me, to work.

Old 10-07-15, 06:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think people finally figured out how to use the Search function on the site. Literally, there has been a while between unique questions.

Pete, stop sharing all your best posts off line, it is not in the spirit of the games.

Old 10-07-15, 06:11 PM
I expect the rush to prepare for cold weather will pick it up a bit, but with all of the videos and archived information, many will find an answer they like. Doesn't mean it will be the right answer.

Bud

Old 10-07-15, 06:13 PM
Nobody has ever answered several of my questions.

Why do all three of my cats want to go outside and then a minute later want to come back inside? Same question but in reverse?

Why do women, especially older women, wear so much stinky and overpowering cologne or perfume? Same question but directed towards men?

What is the deal with big hoop earrings? Big jangly-bangly jewelry of any kind?

Why is facial hair so popular these days? To me it is nothing but sloppiness. Why is body mutilation such as ink and piercings so popular? It reminds me of the "educational films" we saw in school showing the backward natives in Africa and other places.

Why don't the schools teach writing skills, spelling and grammar any more?

Why don't people understand that 99.9% of today's problems stem from overpopulation? Why do people have such an overwhelming desire to procreate?

How can otherwise intelligent people believe in god(s)?

Why do I waste so much time on this site?

Old 10-07-15, 06:19 PM
Group Moderator
Apparently not all the questions have been answered based on czizzi's question: "Does that mean we have answered everyone's questions and it is time to celebrate?"

Old 10-07-15, 06:20 PM
Group Moderator
Okay, so why isn't the word "phonetic" spelled phonetically?

Old 10-07-15, 06:21 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Why do all three of my cats want to go outside and then a minute later want to come back inside?
They forgot their cell phones. I'll answer the other questions later.

Old 10-07-15, 06:25 PM
Group Moderator
Big earrings take the emphasis off of big ears.

Excellent question.

Why do all three of my cats want to go outside and then a minute later want to come back inside?
What ?!?!?! No cat door.

Old 10-07-15, 06:37 PM
I see those hoop earrings and I just want to grab them and yank.

No, no cat door. The raccoons and possums would be using it as well. Plus, Douglas is not allowed to go outside after dark.

I had a cat door and outside landing in a window at my previous house. After Miss Kitty brought in the second bird I fixed that door so it would only swing outward. I don't think it took her more than a few hours at most to learn how to pull it outward and get in from the outside. After the third bird the door and landing disappeared.

Old 10-07-15, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Nobody has ever answered several of my questions.

Why do all three of my cats want to go outside and then a minute later want to come back inside? Same question but in reverse?
They think the grass might be greener on the other side
Why do women, especially older women, wear so much stinky and overpowering cologne or perfume? Same question but directed towards men?
They don't realize how much they're splashing on
Cuz they're fun
Why is facial hair so popular these days? To me it is nothing but sloppiness. Why is body mutilation such as ink and piercings so popular? It reminds me of the "educational films" we saw in school showing the backward natives in Africa and other places.
It's a fad
Computers and voice recognition are the future
Why don't people understand that 99.9% of today's problems stem from overpopulation? Why do people have such an overwhelming desire to procreate?
Because they live in their own little worlds
How can otherwise intelligent people believe in god(s)?
They need to believe in something
Why do I waste so much time on this site?
Because it's fun!

Old 10-07-15, 07:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Wait, I gotta go answer a couple of questions.....Oh, yeah they are from Furd, and Becky already answered them. Great, off the hook again.

No, seriously, is there a substantial drop in postings? Or is the emphasis just in specialties that I can not provide assistance? Cause it has been a dry spell as far as I am concerned. And the few that do post, get cold feet and never return after the real conversation starts.

Anyway, I love my wife in hoop earrings, yummy cologne, AND, at her bequest, I now sport a wonderful scruffy manly man beard that is the envy of all my friends (cough). Anyway, she likes it which is all that matters. Talked me into shaving my dome as well. I got all sorts of hipster things going on!

Old 10-07-15, 09:50 PM
They need to believe in something
Well, maybe. I believe I will lie down and take a nap fairly soon.

Shortly after I was married my wife insisted that I grow a caterpillar on my upper lip. I had that stupid snot catcher for about two years, complaining all the time. When she finally told me I could get rid of it it wasn't even a minute later I was in the bathroom shaving.

Where I used to work there was an electrical engineer that would come into our area to eat his lunch. He had a full beard and after he ate about half of his meal was stuck in the fuzz. He was utterly disgusting. Plus, the hair muffled his voice and so distorted the words that I couldn't understand half of what he was attempting to say.

Well, I think it is stupid and I don't like it but to each his or her own.

AS for the drop off in questions...It seems to me that it runs in cycles, some weeks there are very few questions that I could offer any insight to a solution and other times there are far more than I could possibly answer by myself. I think we are simply in one of those slump periods right now. The weather may also have an effect as these are the last days/weeks before the weather really turns nasty in most area and also because of Daylight Saving Time people want to be out and enjoying themselves rather than the drudgery of household chores. Just wait a few more weeks and I'll bet we have LOTS more questions on all sorts of subjects.

Old 10-08-15, 03:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Some of the long time member probably remember how busy the forums were prior to the economic downturn but as Furd said - it does seem to run in cycles. I know the heating forum picks up every fall as soon as it turns cold.

because they are cats

As for beards, I've had mine for 40 yrs or so. Partly because I don't like to shave but mostly because I think I look better with one. I tell my wife I'm not brave enough to look in the mirror with a clean shaven face!

Old 10-08-15, 04:28 AM
Group Moderator
On writing skills, spelling and grammar; there's a difference between teaching and learning. Just because kids don't learn it doesn't mean it isn't being taught. Partial blame on social media and texting for that I suppose. no wht I mn?

Old 10-08-15, 05:56 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Just because kids don't learn it doesn't mean it isn't being taught.
There are two grammatical mistakes, in that statement. What are they?

Old 10-08-15, 06:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
"don't" & there is no comma after "learn".

Old 10-08-15, 07:33 AM
Group Moderator
That was a test.

Now, on a different subject, can we all please stop using the word "disrespect" as a verb?

Old 10-08-15, 08:03 AM
noun 1. lack of respect; discourtesy; rudeness.

verb (used with object) 2. to regard or treat without respect; regard or treat with contempt or rudeness.

Sorry, just had to reply.

Old 10-08-15, 08:05 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Dixie2012, The word 'don't' is okay. Yes, a comma can go after learn but there are other things. Although it's accepted these days, 'kids' really shouldn't be used, to describe children. Even if that is okay, the word 'it' should be 'they' instead. 'It' is a object not a person. Also 'kids' is plural & 'it' is singular.

Tow Guy, why can't disrespect be a verb? It's google that shouldn't be a verb. Google it.

Old 10-08-15, 08:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Warning, Grammar police are on patrol, sobriety check point ahead. Use extreme caution or you might get called out!

Are MerriamWebster or RandomHouse members yet?

Old 10-08-15, 01:46 PM
Group Moderator
And why is there no "R" in the New York alphabet?