Seattle does it again!

Old 10-09-15, 07:02 PM
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-15, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
And people used to think Cali was bad.

Old 10-09-15, 07:21 PM
A lot of those California nutjobs moved to Seattle.

Old 10-09-15, 07:27 PM
OK so what's there alturnative?
I'm sure people will start walking to work once they see those warnings, not.
I'm all for the kids being concerned, but they need to come up with a solution.
So how much is this going to cost the tax payers?

Old 10-09-15, 07:33 PM
Group Moderator
Sure.... they start in Seattle..... Where to next ? Name:  crap.gif
Views: 94
Size:  12.2 KB

Old 10-09-15, 07:56 PM
OK so what's there alturnative?
I'm sure people will start walking to work once they see those warnings, not.
I'm all for the kids being concerned, but they need to come up with a solution.
So how much is this going to cost the tax payers?
"They" have no alternative and I suspect most drove their personal car to the council meeting. "They" come up with all sorts of things for others to do but usually stop short when it is any inconvenience to themselves.

From the last sentence of the article.

The City of Berkeley estimated it would cost the city $10,000 to print up the labels for its gas stations.

Old 10-10-15, 03:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does this mean that city has so few issues that they have to look for dumb stuff to enact ??
I'd be perturbed if my council member spent time on an issue like that instead of addressing the real issues of the district!

Old 10-10-15, 04:28 AM
I'm all for being careful and cautious, but there are extremes.
Yesterday a young lady comes in to get three gallon of paint mixed. I mix the custom colors. She then says "Oh, sorry but is that paint zero VOC? I said not zero but low VOC and are most home interior paints." She says "I'm pregnant and won't use it unless it's zero VOC". I told her I don't believe any paint can be labeled zero VOC. Even P&L changed there RED SEAL from zero to low. She leaves and says she's buying it at Lowes instead. I now have three GOOF paints at my side.

Old 10-10-15, 04:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What else is there to do while you wait to fill your tank, but to peel stickers? Probably the same kids who are jumping on a certain presidential candidates hay wagon because he is proposing free education. They just don't realize SOMEONE has to pay for it. They have outstanding futuristic ideals, but offer no solution to the problem.

We had a bridge construction placed on a stop order because of the alleged presence of bog turtles in the area. Stalled for over 2 years. An independent environmental group came in and determined there were absolutely no bog turtles in the area, and they couldn't live in our environment to begin with. It was due to the action of some idealistic nut case group that caused the problems. Construction resumed and was finished, but not before signs were erected by court order stating "No bog turtles found".

Old 10-10-15, 04:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Norm, do y'all typically mark down mistints 50%?

I've saved a good bit of money over the years buying mis tints. I lucked out on my last paint job of the barn and was able to get half of the paint from mis tints and still get the desired color. A lot of the paint jobs at my house or for family/friends utilized mis tints in all or part.

I also question whether or not paint can be zero VOC although not being a chemist I can only offer my opinion on that.

Old 10-10-15, 05:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
IMO water is zero VOC. Add something to it, you degrade that classification. I'll have to admit, however, low VOC makes for a nice work environment, especially in commercial jobsites. You know, not going to lunch high as a kite because the painters are active as ants.

Old 10-10-15, 05:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know everyone is different. Years ago most solvent based coatings didn't bother me at [except for epoxies] but years of exposure to solvents finally caught up with me Except for outside, I can no longer handle being around oil base coatings without a respirator. That played a big part in my willingness to try waterborne enamels ..... wish they had come out sooner!

Larry, back in the 70's I sprayed the 2nd floor lock up on a jail that was being remodeled. The walls, ceiling, bars and bunks all got painted with a green epoxy. The carpenters working on the 1st floor nailed up plywood to seal off the stairwell

Old 10-10-15, 07:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

California's sticker is far better! More complex but more amusing and costly!...

When viewed directly downward, it shows a California bear floating on an ice berg. When viewed from an angle the bear is seen as DEAD! DOA! Ready for burial. Cost of sticker to consumer is buried in fuel costs!!!...

Morning cup of Humor

Old 10-11-15, 07:41 AM
Norm, do y'all typically mark down mistints 50%?
Yes we do mark down "Goof" paint. And we take a significant loss of the sale. But any goof paint is sent to a different store in the chain (that we're not aware of). This is to prevent any possible employee theft whereby an employee might purposely make a goof so as to buy it later or have an accomplice buy it at a reduced price.

Old 10-12-15, 07:11 AM
Taxpayers required to pay for yet another unproven "crisis". I thought "warming" was already abandoned in favor of "change". That doesn't have the same alarm potential, I suppose?