Another USPS rant

Old 10-28-15, 09:10 PM
Another USPS rant

So i ordered a DVD off of Ebay. Seller sends it via DHL global mail(US seller). they then hand it to the post office. The tracking says Delivered on the 27th in or near mailbox(I live in a trailer park so we have those community mailboxes with a key). I check mailbox no package. Tracking says it was delivered well not delivered here. It arrives the next day the 28th. Why would you mark it as delivered then not deliver it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-15, 10:34 PM
It beats me flirty1 I gave up trying to figure out why the post office does anything whether the mail is sent directly through them or partly through a third party like with your package. I talked a while ago about a problem I had with my taxes being delivered to the wrong address by the post office and the IRS investigating. Well it turns out the IRS is siding with the post office when I know for a fact I put the right address on my envelope. So unfortunately it doesn't pay to complain about delivery issues to the government as they rarely do the right thing especially when it is in their favor.

You are very fortunate that you actually received your package at all. The post office may be improving somewhat in some areas of the country but certainly not everywhere. Once I ordered memory on e-bay and asked for insurance for the package. The seller though when I told him it didn't arrive didn't want to file a complaint with the post office and get his money back. My money too and finally I convinced him to send me my replacement memory but it was a back and forth battle via e-bays message center for a while.

Old 10-29-15, 12:03 AM
I buy a lot of things by mail order and I have found that the ONLY thing worse than USPS tracking is no tracking at all. USPS will actually change their previously posted tracking info to make themselves look good.

Some time ago I posted about an item (from Ebay) that the USPS stated had been delivered but in fact had not. It wasn't until I filed a complaint with the FBI (they have a special division dealing with Internet fraud) that I finally received my package, at my door rather than in the USPS parcel locker at my mail box location, about a week later. I specifically stated in my complaint that it was the USPS that had defrauded me.

Old 10-29-15, 03:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
DHL DID deliver it. They delivered it to the USPS, which is the end of their contract. I dread tracking packages shipped via DHL. It always adds 2 days to my delivery. USPS tracking is a joke at best. It will say, for instance, "City of Commerce, CA sorting facility" for 3 days, then all of a sudden "delivered". That's not tracking. That's covering your tracks.

Old 11-13-15, 12:56 AM
Here we go again. Search this tracking number on the USPS website 800876000191304749 Explain it to me. Guess it's lost forever and will just have to go to the store and get one.

Old 11-13-15, 06:25 AM
I imagine flirty1 that you waited at least 24 hours until you checked the tracking number. In that case all you can do is ask the seller to run a trace on the package. Depending on who you bought whatever from that may take a while and unfortunately getting your money back is not always that easy either. It may still show up though I have had packages that said no information available and the package was never scanned like it should have been. I have never seen that with packages being shipped via any other carrier. Misdelivered packages yes but always scanned.

Old 11-13-15, 04:06 PM
It's been almost 2 weeks since it was shipped. They sent it via USPS mail innovations who gave it to the post office who has had it since Nov 5th and says no more tracking will be provided.

Old 11-13-15, 07:28 PM
Did the seller select the shipping method? If yes, then go after the seller. If they give you any guff tell them that THEY (the seller) need to go after the shipper.

Old 11-13-15, 09:04 PM
Correction it was sent via UPS mail innovations who then gave it to the post office. It arrived today. It was in the mailbox when I came home. But why did the post office sit on it for almost 2 weeks before delivery.

Old 11-13-15, 10:18 PM
Correction it was sent via UPS mail innovations who then gave it to the post office. It arrived today.But why did the post office sit on it for almost 2 weeks before delivery
The answer unfortunately is quite simple it is because it was sent via UPS mail innovations. You really should consider joining UPS My Choice where UPS for free will send you tracking e-mails letting you know when your package will arrive. My Choice though only works for packages sent all the way through UPS once they are in the hands of USPS that is when the trouble can start. For about $3.00 though if a package is very important you can have UPS take on complete delivery.
Also if you need another shipping day they can do that too I think for free.

It has been a while since I used My Choice with UPS so I don't have exact figures or terms but they usually can get a package to you quicker than by going the slow mail innovations route. Fedex works with the postal service too but unfortunately they will not keep the package for delivery and instead hand it over to USPS. They will however hold some of their packages for you at their Kinkos/Fedex locations if you so request it.

Old 11-14-15, 12:28 AM
Mail Innovations is akin to the slow boat from China. In other words, it has no timetable and it goes on a space available route. The ONLY good thing is that the shipping cost is slightly lower.