No Free Hulu?

Old 11-10-15, 12:06 PM
Group Moderator
No Free Hulu?

Is there no longer a free version of Hulu? Tried getting there today and could only find a page wanting me to subscribe. Tried a search to see if Hulu for free was dead but couldn't get a clear answer.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-15, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Only a free trial, Ray. As it got more popular, the free version ended.

Old 11-10-15, 12:44 PM
Don't know if this helps, but the last free hula I saw was on Maui, but that was back in 2000, and, as I recall, even then the really good versions were at the luau, and we had to pay to get in there. Come to think of it, that was probably only a trial version, because I don't think that we were allowed to actually touch.

Old 11-10-15, 12:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't use Hulu very often but the last time I used it [month or two ago] most of the movies where only for the paid version but there were still some available for free. Hopefully the free version isn't gone for good

Old 11-10-15, 01:37 PM
Group Moderator
Thanks. .

Old 11-10-15, 02:15 PM
Group Moderator
You made me LOL Pedro!!

Old 11-10-15, 04:47 PM
Group Moderator
I've seen a few free hulas floating around.
Here's one now....

Name:  hula.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  11.1 KB
(looks a little like Ray)

Old 11-10-15, 06:13 PM
I just checked Hulu and it looks like while they don't advertise the fact they do have some free shows. Click on the Hulu in the left top corner and you can then start searching for shows. I am not surprised about Hulu going to a paid version though I heard something about the major networks that helped to start Hulu not being satisfied with their profit margin over a year ago. Apparently they were not making enough off of the ads that they play. I looked just now at their price structure for their ad free service and the price is way over that of Netflix.

If they keep their price structure the way it is they will lose out not only to Netflix but to Amazon Prime too. If you do have to pay though Netflix in my opinion is the better bargain and it seems to be better structured and easier to navigate. For free shows though there is Crackle which isn't too bad and I saw Popcornflix once and it wasn't too bad for free.

Old 11-10-15, 06:37 PM
Group Moderator
Click on the Hulu in the left top corner
Excellent!! And I found the show I was looking for this morning available free. Now a happy camper. Now if I just had a grass skirt I'd dance for you.

Old 11-10-15, 11:01 PM
You are welcome Ray here is a hula dance for you [ATTACH=CONFIG]58667[/ATTACH] I am glad you found your show it looks like they are probably going to go completely paid soon though just from what I saw. A shame too because they had a great deal of shows for free. At rare times Netflix hasn't been available and the free Hulu would be my back up.

It might have something to do with CBS as they own part of Hulu and CBS content used to be free to stream with ads but now it isn't. So if you miss a show on CBS you have to wait for the reruns. I think the other networks probably will go that route too unfortunately.

Attached Images