Noob thread question

Old 11-15-15, 11:52 PM
Noob thread question

Just curious as to why the Motorcycle section says there are many more threads than appear when you enter the section only a few threads show up, is there a time limit when threads are deleted ? Name:  hmmmm1.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  36.1 KBName:  hmmmm2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  31.6 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-15, 01:24 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Threads are not deleted..... they are archived for search purposes.

In your bottom screen shot you just cut off what you needed to see. At the bottom of every forum index you'll see....

Name:  options.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  11.7 KB

There is a drop down box for "show threads from". The board default is one week. There are selections there from one week ago all the back to the beginning. After you select the time period you want... click on SHOW THREADS. At the top of the page it will tell you how many threads are available.

The board will display fifty at a time. At the bottom..... after the last one.... in the center of the page you'll see "load more threads". Clicking on that will show the next fifty threads.

FYI.... there are 2088 threads in the motorcycle forum. (all the way back to July 2002)

Old 11-16-15, 01:41 PM
Thanks PJmax, I thought I saw the "Load more threads" button somewhere before and thought it was hiding under the yellow bar that seems to be glitching overlapping in the Motorcycle section, if I search back a year in the archive the "Load more threads" button shows up no problem.

Attached Images  
Old 11-16-15, 03:12 PM
Group Moderator
There are a few forums, motorcycles is one, where the forum description is so long the descriptions overlap.