rain rain go away

Old 12-24-15, 06:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
rain rain go away

Since my wife almost always has to work Christmas day we usually celebrate Christmas the night before. Because I live on a small mountain some years it takes some talking to get a few of the kids to come up in the snow. No danger of snow this year! BUT we've gotten so much the rain the creek is up and now the bridge is under water Sure hope the rain stops and the creek goes down before late afternoon!

Anyway - I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-15, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Tell me about it! 3 days and counting. There's rain in the forecast thru next Tuesday!

Becky

Old 12-24-15, 07:14 AM
Group Moderator
Sure hope the rain stops and the creek goes down before late afternoon!
You have the makings of a good country Christmas song there. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-15, 07:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The rain has pretty much quit for now. I looked at 2 hourly forecasts; 70-100% rain until noon followed by just a 10% chance for the rest of the day and another that claims 60-70% until 2pm followed by 20% ..... I don't really care as long as the creek goes down and none of the kids are leery about crossing the bridge!

The creek borders my property just south of cliff 100' or so from my house. On the other side of that creek is a double wide on low ground. Except for small patch of ground next to the trailer - it's completely surrounded by water. At least I'm high and dry

Old 12-24-15, 08:50 AM
It is weird weather all 'round. We were up to 16C yesterday with major windstorms all around us. Eastern shore of Lake Huron. North and east of us, there's close to 80K without electricity.

Definitely gonna be a green Christmas for the second year in a row. Boo.

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas folks.

Old 12-24-15, 09:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZD7eoHZT8

Yes, Merry Christmas all.

Old 12-24-15, 09:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
... and it's raining again A 2 hr respite in the rain let me get a few things done outside but now it's pouring hard again. An hour ago the road that double wide is on had a portion go under water and the double wide now more resembles a house boat

Haven't been back down to the bridge but I'm sure it's still covered with water. Hopefully it will be passable in 3-4 hrs .... that is my hope anyway!

Old 12-24-15, 09:56 AM
I'm afraid this might be all my fault. I bought a snow blower this summer after last years heavy snowfall and paying over $400 to get my drive plowed. My guess is that we will get nothing but rain all winter.

OTOH I have never had to shovel rain.

Name:  shovel2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  32.9 KB

Old 12-24-15, 10:04 AM
Back in October, we got about 2" of snow that lasted for roughly 3 days. I told my wife I was going to bring the snow shovels out front of the house. She looked at me and said "If it snows, every person on this block is gonna blame you.." I left 'em behind the house and they're still there. Hasn't snowed since.

Old 12-24-15, 11:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
HooRay!!! it quit raining 1.5 hr ago and the bridge is above water [almost 1' above] the mail even ran .... that surprised me!

My driveway is a bit washed out and I'm not sure my tractor will get enough traction in the wet but most of the kids have 4 wheel drive although our grandson will be on his motorcycle.

Search this Thread