rain rain go away

Reply

  #1  
Old 12-24-15, 06:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,004
rain rain go away

Since my wife almost always has to work Christmas day we usually celebrate Christmas the night before. Because I live on a small mountain some years it takes some talking to get a few of the kids to come up in the snow. No danger of snow this year! BUT we've gotten so much the rain the creek is up and now the bridge is under water Sure hope the rain stops and the creek goes down before late afternoon!

Anyway - I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-24-15, 07:07 AM
Shadeladie's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,792
Tell me about it! 3 days and counting. There's rain in the forecast thru next Tuesday!

Becky
 
  #3  
Old 12-24-15, 07:14 AM
ray2047's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 32,518
Sure hope the rain stops and the creek goes down before late afternoon!
You have the makings of a good country Christmas song there. Merry Christmas.
 
  #4  
Old 12-24-15, 07:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,004
The rain has pretty much quit for now. I looked at 2 hourly forecasts; 70-100% rain until noon followed by just a 10% chance for the rest of the day and another that claims 60-70% until 2pm followed by 20% ..... I don't really care as long as the creek goes down and none of the kids are leery about crossing the bridge!

The creek borders my property just south of cliff 100' or so from my house. On the other side of that creek is a double wide on low ground. Except for small patch of ground next to the trailer - it's completely surrounded by water. At least I'm high and dry
 
  #5  
Old 12-24-15, 08:50 AM
Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 635
It is weird weather all 'round. We were up to 16C yesterday with major windstorms all around us. Eastern shore of Lake Huron. North and east of us, there's close to 80K without electricity.

Definitely gonna be a green Christmas for the second year in a row. Boo.

Anyhoo, Merry Christmas folks.
 
  #6  
Old 12-24-15, 09:15 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 1,452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZD7eoHZT8

Yes, Merry Christmas all.
 
  #7  
Old 12-24-15, 09:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,004
... and it's raining again A 2 hr respite in the rain let me get a few things done outside but now it's pouring hard again. An hour ago the road that double wide is on had a portion go under water and the double wide now more resembles a house boat

Haven't been back down to the bridge but I'm sure it's still covered with water. Hopefully it will be passable in 3-4 hrs .... that is my hope anyway!
 
  #8  
Old 12-24-15, 09:56 AM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,318
I'm afraid this might be all my fault. I bought a snow blower this summer after last years heavy snowfall and paying over $400 to get my drive plowed. My guess is that we will get nothing but rain all winter.

OTOH I have never had to shovel rain.

Name:  shovel2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  32.9 KB
 
  #9  
Old 12-24-15, 10:04 AM
Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 635
Back in October, we got about 2" of snow that lasted for roughly 3 days. I told my wife I was going to bring the snow shovels out front of the house. She looked at me and said "If it snows, every person on this block is gonna blame you.." I left 'em behind the house and they're still there. Hasn't snowed since.
 
  #10  
Old 12-24-15, 11:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,004
HooRay!!! it quit raining 1.5 hr ago and the bridge is above water [almost 1' above] the mail even ran .... that surprised me!

My driveway is a bit washed out and I'm not sure my tractor will get enough traction in the wet but most of the kids have 4 wheel drive although our grandson will be on his motorcycle.
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 AM.