too many marks ??

Old 12-30-15, 02:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
too many marks ??

My son, mark jr and another mark all live on my short deadend road. Yesterday the neighbor mark got a slip from the post office saying they had a package so he went today after work and picked it up. After he opened it and seen it was truck driving stuff he looked again at the address label - it was for mark jr. Fortunately he is a good neighbor and brought me the package. You'd think the post office would do a better job of reading the label so they could deliver to the correct address! Years ago a new painter with an account at SWP moved to the area ... and his bill always came to my box first

Not that UPS does much better. I ordered a left handed skil saw on the internet and UPS left it propped up against my mail box post. Tracking said they left it in my mailbox.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-15, 03:24 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Various government agencies use the first 3 letters of the first & last names, for identification. Are the last names similar?

I don't have any children but I never would have named a child Pulpo Jr. I don't know what started the junior thing. Europeans don't do it. It seems to be an American thing.

Old 12-30-15, 04:24 PM
It doesn't need to be an offspring or sibling. My son has a counter part with the same first name and identical initials but a total stranger. And by shear coincidence his sister and him share the same initials. I swear as parents we did not realize the "mistake". Many times the family will get e-mails from them and we never know who its from, him or her. And by marriage a cousin has the same first and last name as my daughter. Very confusing.

Old 12-30-15, 04:56 PM
Group Moderator
Well you know what the Germans say, "You can never have too many Marks".

Old 12-30-15, 05:11 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Now they say, you can't have too many Euros.

Old 12-30-15, 05:40 PM
Group Moderator
There are three Pete's in my family(same last name) so I'm well aware of the problem.

Old 12-30-15, 06:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've got 3 Z's in my screen name, I feel your pain.

I have been getting some guys financial statements delivered to my house for 15 years. I wonder if he is even alive anymore.

I also get the sprint mobile phone bill for some bloke I have never heard of delivered each month to my house.

We have given up on the "return to sender" option as it make no difference. We just trash to mail and move on.

Old 12-30-15, 08:23 PM
Group Moderator
My dad (Elvin Addy) occasionally used to get mail that was supposed to be delivered to another man that used to live in town. (Alvin Abbey). One day we got his Playboy subscription in the mail. Mom put an end to that problem FAST the next time she visited the post office.

Old 12-30-15, 08:56 PM
How about too many Richards? Many years ago I went to a church in Hyattsville and I worked at my first and last bazaar and at the bazaar there were about 4 Richards counting me. Whenever someone would say Richard come here some of the other Richards including me would get not you my Richard. Confusing to say the least but not too bad really considering what my friend in Beltsville used to go through having to have to return another Charlie's mail and the other Charlie had passed away.

Speaking of passing away this time of year we still get mail for my grandmother who passed away about 30 years ago.

Old 12-31-15, 03:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It doesn't need to be an offspring or sibling. My son has a counter part with the same first name and identical initials but a total stranger. And by shear coincidence his sister and him share the same initials.
When I first got on the internet I stumbled across a person with the same name as one of my brothers and started corresponding back/forth. It took over a week to realize we didn't know each other. He had a younger brother named mark [I'm the oldest] ... and we don't have a common last name.

There are three Pete's in my family
I used to run a crew that was riddled with Mikes, the boss was a Mike also. I often used nicknames or added to their names to differentiate them. I called one Eustis Mike as he was from the town of Eustis .... some of my crew thought I was calling him useless Mike - which wasn't far from the truth