Improved seat heating for the Northen Folks.......

Old 01-19-16, 10:35 AM
Group Moderator
Improved seat heating for the Northen Folks.......

Bet everyone in snow country will want this upgrade!:

Name:  100_0049[1].jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.0 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-16, 11:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
But where is the grate to keep your butt from failing into the flame

Old 01-19-16, 11:31 AM
13* this AM. I remote started the car and by the time I got in the seat and the steering wheel were warm as toast. I didn't even have to turn them on. They are automatic when ever the temps go below 40.

That's when I realized I had turned into a wuss. I remember years ago giving a friend a lot of grief because he bought a pickup with power windows.

Old 01-19-16, 01:00 PM
Your thread reminds me of a Hunting Camp (rustic seasonal property) that I sold a few years ago. It had an OutHouse; but it was equipped with two(2) toilet seats.

One of the seats was intended to always inside the Cabin, warming up next the WoodStove, and any user of the OutHouse was expected to take it with them when nature called, exchange seats when s/he got to the outbuilding, and to retrieve the colder seat to bring back in for re-heating by the WoodStove.

Old 01-19-16, 02:29 PM
Our deer camp was in Granville. A one holer. The morning contest was to see who would go first to warm the seat. Apparently, we were never smart enough to bring the seat in at night.

I spent my first 8-9 years on a hard rock farm in the Islands. No indoor plumbing but we had a two holer and real TP. We did have running water though. Run like hell to the well, fill the bucket and run like hell back to the warm kitchen.

Old 01-19-16, 02:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We did have running water though
That is what my wife says about her childhood 'had running water, it was just a matter of how far you had to run to get it'

Old 01-19-16, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by cwbuff
". . . Our deer camp was in Granville . . ."
Would that have been Granville, New York or Granville, Vermont (only two I know) ?

What State are you in now ?

Old 01-19-16, 03:46 PM
Group Moderator
Just for the record, it was an apparently faulty heated seat on a Jeep.

Old 01-19-16, 04:01 PM
It was a Jeep seat heater that warmed my arse this chilly AM. There was a recall for seat heaters in 2005/6(?) Grand Cherokees. Do you know what year this was?

Vermont - Our camp was in Granville, VT right on the edge of the National Forest. My father built it in the early 50's. I inherited it in the mid 80's and immediately sold it. Something I still regret. Lots of good memories of guys that are all gone now.

I'm in CT now. Surprisingly, better deer hunting in my back yard than in VT. Who woulda' thunk that?

Old 01-19-16, 05:19 PM
I had a similar problem with my Volvo's Heated Seat problem last year; but not so extensive.

A short piece of the heating coil (which you can see outlined on this cushion) burned out, right under my left thigh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61837[/ATTACH]

But that was enough to render the heat non-existent. My Mechanic pulled the Seat out, removed the leather skin (which needed a bit of stitching anyway) glued a new heating element onto the cushion, and re-installed the skin:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61838[/ATTACH]

Here it is . . . . pretty good for a Driver's Seat with 266,000 miles on it ?

Attached Images   

Last edited by Vermont; 01-19-16 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Fixing Photos
Old 01-20-16, 04:29 AM
Group Moderator
cw, it's a 2011, I think, Commander.