Views: 182
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  100_0052.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  50.3 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-16, 06:32 AM
Should've had a marker for that spot.

But short of calling a tow truck how would one get out of that?

Jacking up enough to put boards under it?

Old 03-05-16, 06:35 AM
Reminds me of a former next door neighbor. One winter day with the ground covered in ice he drives into his blacktop driveway drunk. Gets stuck about halfway. Spins his tires for so long that it actually caused a rut in the asphalt. Needless to say he was not the type to be friends with.

Old 03-05-16, 06:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not sure there is a cure for some of the idiots out there [why would the car be that far off of the parking lot] but you would think it would have had some sort of grate to protect pedestrians.

Old 03-05-16, 07:06 AM
Mark,
If you look at the other cars they are also on the grass. It's probably temp parking for some kind of event. Judging from the depth of the front tire the ground doesn't look very solid.

My 1st thought was jack it up and roll it forward off the jack, but rolling it forward probably isn't going to happen the way that it has sunk in and bumper jacks are pretty scarce these days.

Old 03-06-16, 07:34 AM
Group Moderator
I should take a long shot to get a better perspective. This was at a local school. The grassy area is inside the bus loop on one side of the campus. Near as I can tell, the cars parked there are from the school staff, kind of a make-shift staff parking lot. The area the car is pointed at is actually a currently dry, albeit a bit soft, drainage retention area. She was apparently blocked in where she was parked by a couple of buses and decided to just pull forward and make a loop to where she could get out. Bad decision. The underside of the car where you would need to put a jack had about 2" of clearance. I unfolded my wheel lift (it's a "self-loader") and slid the ends of the open forks under the side of the car. Lifted it up about 8 inches and stacked some pieces of wood I carry under that rear wheel. Set it down, started the car and drove it off. Took me longer to decide how to do it than to do it.

Old 03-06-16, 07:35 AM
Group Moderator
Since you all enjoyed that one so much, here's a bonus pic:

Name:  000_0269 (Medium).jpg
Views: 118
Size:  51.0 KB

Old 03-06-16, 09:44 AM
I've seen one like that before. My fishing buddy was pulling his boat on an unimproved, canal boat launch. He got stuck and jacked his rear wheel (bumper jack) to pile some rocks under the tire. The car was running and the boat still attached.

The jack slipped and the whole rig went into the canal. The boat floated off the trailer and broke the winch rope. The car floated down the canal in a heavy tidal current. It was still running - for a while. We went back the next day and dragged the canal for the car. We quickly snagged the trailer but never found the car. He got a call about a month later. A State Police diver had found the car wedged against a RR bridge abutment nearly two miles from where it went under.

The sad thing is that it was a '67 T-Bird that my friend had spent lots of time and money restoring.

Old 03-06-16, 09:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The sad thing is that it was a '67 T-Bird
Are you trying to make me cry at least it wasn't a 1957!